887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Congratulations everyone who received grants.

I have noticed some people applied in July,August and September 2019 or even before are waiting for first contact and people applied later getting grants, which is great.

But why case officers jump queues?

Why not done in sequence any idea?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is some info I got on this matter. Generally the picking of visas is on a first in first out basis but when the application isn’t complete i.e. they have to ask for something substantial, this particular application goes on the “second pile” which is processed in a different order and timeline. Certain applications are filtered out because of too many things missing. It can also be that the inquiry of the information provided is difficult to check especially if it’s something from a foreign country or the info provided is unlabelled, having some discrepancies, etc. Some are lucky to get quick responses after inquiry, but that is usually an update request and if you respond quickly they might still have the application in process, but for some this means delays because it simply gets handed in a different processing pile. It does make sense to me, this is also a fair procedure as applications who are easy to process and fully complete should just get a grant and not be hold back by applications that require lots of extra information. If all applications would get processed date-to-date we’d face really long delays for everyone.

2 hours ago, Haris said:

Congratulations everyone who received grants.

I have noticed some people applied in July,August and September 2019 or even before are waiting for first contact and people applied later getting grants, which is great.

But why case officers jump queues?

Why not done in sequence any idea?

I am waiting since Oct 2018

Depressed me

• Sad 2

Here is some info I got on this matter. Generally the picking of visas is on a first in first out basis but when the application isn’t complete i.e. they have to ask for something substantial, this particular application goes on the “second pile” which is processed in a different order and timeline. Certain applications are filtered out because of too many things missing. It can also be that the inquiry of the information provided is difficult to check especially if it’s something from a foreign country or the info provided is unlabelled, having some discrepancies, etc. Some are lucky to get quick responses after inquiry, but that is usually an update request and if you respond quickly they might still have the application in process, but for some this means delays because it simply gets handed in a different processing pile. It does make sense to me, this is also a fair procedure as applications who are easy to process and fully complete should just get a grant and not be hold back by applications that require lots of extra information. If all applications would get processed date-to-date we’d face really long delays for everyone.

Make sense but scary and would lead to millions of bad thoughts especially for people waiting long for first contact, would continually be thinking what’s wrong with their applications

Guys, need your advice please, for those who are banking with NAB, when uploading bank statements as proof of residency? is it OK to just upload (as PDF ) the transaction history or need to upload the official statement?

I see transaction history is easier to read and more details about the location of purchase, while the statements are more official with the bank logo, and  full personal details. 

thanks in advance.

On 6/11/2020 at 9:47 AM, Anthony said:

Finally got our GRANT!!! 

Email received this morning 8am for family of 3 inlcuding our newborn without passport!! 

Thanks to this community and informtion in this forum has helped us a lot in providing the information required to CO to try and approve our application without the passport. I think it was @Rupom who mentioned about a statutory declaration with the passport picture. Thanks a lot!! Yesterday we had her passport picture taken and contacted the local consular office and brought him the statutory declaration we prepared explaining that our newborn is the one in the picture and passport will be delayed due to covid 19. Luckily our Consul is very kind and he actually wrote a letter in the official letter head explaining our situation to the Department of Home Affairs and also attesting to the picture. We sent this letter last night to skilled support email including birth cert, visa grant for our newborn. 3 Emails received early this morning but no CO indicated, it looks like an automated one, but the visa grant was attached. 

Thanks again for everyone here for sharing your information. 🙏 

applied: Feb 23, 2019

First contact:April 29, 2020 for newborn medical

Second contact: May 12, 2020 for newborn passport -submitted letter explaining not possible to get passport but didn’t hear anything back. 

Congrats buddy..i am really happy for you..enjoy your freedom..

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 2:52 PM, Anthony said:

The CO contacted us for medical and it also appeared in our immi account that health assessment is required. We were given hap id and asked to get medical clearance from GP. After we submitted all medicals, we got the visa for newborn including her bridging visa. Passport is not a requirement for the medicals.

Hi mate, how long it took for you getting grant after medical done?

Make sense but scary and would lead to millions of bad thoughts especially for people waiting long for first contact, would continually be thinking what’s wrong with their applications

I feel you. Communication though should be better on their part, agreed. Fingers crossed all pending applications are processed in a couple of months. Perhaps Covid-19 did bring something positive at least to 887 visa processing times ;)

I was contacted by a case officer today for a medium if instruction letter, specifically from the high school. I had attached my mark sheets and passing certificates that mention the medium of instruction is English but apparently they need it on the high school's letterhead. If I have completed a degree and master's course in English then why would I have to prove any preceding academic medium of instruction?! I'll probably do IELTS when I can and provide them the English proof. Nuggets!

Edited by Zachary

Guys, need your advice please, for those who are banking with NAB, when uploading bank statements as proof of residency? is it OK to just upload (as PDF ) the transaction history or need to upload the official statement?
I see transaction history is easier to read and more details about the location of purchase, while the statements are more official with the bank logo, and  full personal details. 
thanks in advance.

In my opinion transaction search should be fine as it’s precise and to the point as long as verified by a bank employee. I have heard people saying you can provide bank statements and black out or blurr irrelevant transactions if you don’t like to show.

Instead providing full statements has anyone ever provided relevant transaction search/hide irrelevant transactions?

More thoughts would be appreciated, would help group members greatly.

Is statutory declaration an acceptable document to stand as a proof of medium of instruction in the absence of an official letter by the high school? Since I'm unable to obtain the medium of instruction letter from my high school as all educational institutions are closed until September in India would a statutory declaration help instead?

Need Advice...

I have contacted by CO Lisa on 2bd June requested for English language ability documents, submitted all on the very next day and haven't heard back yet [emoji19].

Should I complaint??

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On 6/11/2020 at 3:27 PM, Trinh said:

Hi guys just a query ,My friend is in Tasmania .She lost her job and she is in 489 visa which she got last November  and its seems impossible to get job here .Her sister is in Sunshine Coast and  her sister can offer her job where she can work full time and can make  52 payslip . Will it be possible for her to move from Tasmania to sunshine coast .If yes,  then what she have to do ?  Thank you so much guys for your support .

Edited by Sep2019

Subclass 887 visa - Functional English requirement – IMPORTANT 

Migration legislation requires that each applicant for a subclass 887 visa, who was at least 18 years of age when the application was made, is assessed for functional English. This requirement applies to both the main applicant, and members of your family unit who meet the age threshold.

For information about evidencing functional English refer to the Department’s website here

Documents can be attached to your application in ImmiAccount.

If this requirement applies to you and you cannot provide evidence of functional English you may be liable for payment of a second instalment visa application charge (VAC). If you have paid the VAC for the visa you held when you lodged your 887 visa application a further charge is not payable.

18 hours ago, Haris said:

In my opinion transaction search should be fine as it’s precise and to the point as long as verified by a bank employee. I have heard people saying you can provide bank statements and black out or blurr irrelevant transactions if you don’t like to show.

Instead providing full statements has anyone ever provided relevant transaction search/hide irrelevant transactions?

More thoughts would be appreciated, would help group members greatly.

20 hours ago, Mohager said:

thanks in advance.

I just uploaded the statement available through online banking and that was accepted. You'll need to unlock/decrypt it as it does not get added in original format.