Decorator

Hi 

Just wondering about the current work situation. I am a decorator with a AQF3 QUALIFIED with over 20 years exp. can anyone tell me what I would be expected to earn and if there is a demand for painters. I also plaster and tile. We are looking to move over next Easter. Just waiting on our application.

Any info would be great thanks in advance

Phil

Hi Phil

Im an electrician so work in the industry over here and I can say that the construction market is booming over here and they have got plenty more work coming up in the future. 

I don’t think you will struggle for work regardless of if you want to work in the domestic or commercial market. 

I couldn’t really tell you about the wage you could expect but I would have thought you could earn a minimum of $25-30 per hour. 

Good luck