printing jobs

Guest Dean and Sharon

Guest Dean and Sharon

It is getting closer and closer until we make the jump to oz,can anyone tell me is there still lots of jobs in the printing industry,i am a qualified litho printer aswell as a qualified gravure printer

Dean and Sharon

Hey Dean and Sharron,

I am a screen printer here.

I arrived i Adelaide 3 months ago and found work within 2 weeks. I made my contact through email before i had arrived....which i think is very advantageous.

There always seem to be printing jobs advertised in the local rag and online.....but i found easier in the Oz yellow pages searching for companies then emailing my resume off to them.

Good luck and will halp if i can!!

Dan

Guest Dean and Sharon

Thanks for your reply Dan,this next question may sound abit rude but is there any chance you can give me a guide of what the wages would be for a qualified printer there,as i have herd conflicting reports some saying that the wages are good and some people saying they are poor,can you or anyone else reading this thread try to put me straight. Dean and Sharon

Guest donna T

HI there

My Husband is a print finisher and the average wage is around $40 - $45K (which is a pretty low wage in reality) depending on shifts. Work seems to be quite plenifull at the moment and there are lots of companies around. Hope this helps

Donna x

Guest Nick11

There seems to be no set wage - depends on the company and your skills. If you have served an actual apprenticeship and got the papers to prove it - you get more money.

I know a printer - he has fallen very lucky - $52,000 basic and gets 30% extra as he works a 3 shift pattern - loads of overtime - on about $75,000 a year, whereas at hubbys old place printers were on $21 an hour plus 20% for a two shift pattern. The pay does seem to be very erratic!

Loads of work around.

• 1 month later...
Guest darren alley
It is getting closer and closer until we make the jump to oz,can anyone tell me is there still lots of jobs in the printing industry,i am a qualified litho printer aswell as a qualified gravure printer

Dean and Sharon

hi dean.

i am a litho printer and have just sent off my tra. and i also hope there is plenty of work out there, i have asked the question and had positive responses. you seem to be closer to going than me, so best of luck. if you can, will you be able to keep me updated on your job hunt, if its not to cheeky.

cheers

daz