Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rachel & Jeff

So fed up-anyone else the same

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Hi

I just want to get there but am so fed up with the waiting.:arghh:

We got our visa in January and the original plan was to be there by the end of February but just can't sell our house.

Thought it was our lucky day about a month ago when someone put in an offer saying they wanted to move quickly but turned out they had dragged their heels so much their own buyer had pulled out.

I've been up front with my employer so much that they've given my job to someone else already to make sure I was here to train them so I'm just getting the crap now.:mad:

We didnt buy the usual football season tickets last year as we didn't expect to get enough use from them.

We can't book a holiday unless it's very short notice.

It's soooo frustrating!!!!!!!!!!:realmad:

Any one else feeling the same?

Rachel

Guest chippie74

I have friends in the same boat.They excepted offer on there house 12 weeks ago and heard nothing since.The guys buying there place are 1st time buyers.keep in there it will all come good!!!!!

Guest swampo

Hi Rachel, Sorry you have had no luck on the house yet. We have friends who are in the same boat, they are going to Melbourne, have a job waiting for hubby but are now having to do a validation visit.

Think we were just dead lucky when we sold ours! Just got in before the crunch. Would have liked to have sold it for more but have to be realistic about these things.

Keep trying to be positive, there will be someone who wants to buy your house. It is a very stressful situation though, I think worse than all the visa/meds procss put together.

We fly out on 9th October, after daughters wedding. Perhaps we should arrange a Midlands meet again?

Mall & Kev

Guest The Hadleys

Hi Rachel

Know exactly how you feel, we are in exactly the same boat, like so many others I imagine. We had our visa granted in March, house went on the market straight away thought we would sell, we thought wrong. House still has not gone so we are going to rent it out for a couple of years, we have had a letting agent in and we can more than cover our mortgage payments. We need to validate our visa by February, so we are planning to goend of October.

Keep your chin up it wil happen.

Dawn

Guest C&Z

Hi I am really really fed up as well.

We got our visa in February and decided to stay to October to save more money.

. So in June we move in with the Mother-in-law, which lasted two weeks and we are now living with friends, which is 100% better but I still do not feel right.

Work have known that I am going for a while and seem to have given me more work and more pressure (even swapped my chair and given me a grotty one)!

We both play golf as a hobby but didn’t renew our memberships this year, so lots of bored weekends . I tried to persuade hubby a few weeks ago to leave earlier – but he is too stubborn. I could jump on a plane and go now! I just want to be settling into Adelaide life.

Claire (on an expensive rock near France and England)

Guest caoimhe
    Hi

I just want to get there but am so fed up with the waiting.:arghh:

We got our visa in January and the original plan was to be there by the end of February but just can't sell our house.

Thought it was our lucky day about a month ago when someone put in an offer saying they wanted to move quickly but turned out they had dragged their heels so much their own buyer had pulled out.

I've been up front with my employer so much that they've given my job to someone else already to make sure I was here to train them so I'm just getting the crap now.:mad:

We didnt buy the usual football season tickets last year as we didn't expect to get enough use from them.

We can't book a holiday unless it's very short notice.

It's soooo frustrating!!!!!!!!!!:realmad:

Any one else feeling the same?

Rachel

Oh God yes I feel very fraustrated and could just cry at the thought of not selling this house.

Keep your chin up, hopefully we will all get some luck soon