Sign in to follow this  
Guest Queenb

NVQ Qualification

Guest Queenb

Hi all,

I've almost completed my NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care and wondered if anyone knows if this qualification is recognised in Oz??? I'm currently working as an Occupational Therapist Assistant.

Thanks Jayne

Guest rockpool crab
    Hi all,

I've almost completed my NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care and wondered if anyone knows if this qualification is recognised in Oz??? I'm currently working as an Occupational Therapist Assistant.

Thanks Jayne

Hi Jayne, ..that's spooky as I only looked this up 10 minutes ago...

http://www.australia-migration.com/page/Offshore_qualifications_vs_Aus_standards/353

My eldest has left school and got a wee job with vodafone in the town selling phones. He has just told me he'll pass his NVQ next week, so I rushed off to see what the equivalent qualification was in Oz. This website told me but I suppose that's different from it being "recognised". But if you put "diploma" on your resume...they'd undertand what that meant, would it really be telling fibs? If they query it..could you send them the link?

I know I had to have my computer skills assessed by ACS but don't know if it's the same for every skill, as my visa relied on my qualifications.

Hope that's a little helpful for now.

TTFN..Carol Ann

Guest katsmajic

Hi,

theres an office on Currie St in the city, i called them up for an appointment, they assessed my qualifications and gave me a letter stating what their equivilent is here. All for free and it is officially recognised. Workskill or something....

Guest rockpool crab
    Hi,

theres an office on Currie St in the city, i called them up for an appointment, they assessed my qualifications and gave me a letter stating what their equivilent is here. All for free and it is officially recognised. Workskill or something....

Hi, what a cracking piece of info. I'll save that one away for when I get there.

Cheers for that.

Carol Ann