Sign in to follow this  
Guest UzinOz

Hello....and some advice please!!

Guest UzinOz

I would just like to say "Hi" to everyone, I have been popping into this site for a while now, without posting, shame on me :wubclub:

I need some advice on laptops, I'm thinking of buying one and I'm not very technical so don't really know what I'm looking for. It'll be used for puting video clips onto dvd's, downloading some music (not much), using webcam and general internet browsing. I don't know what gb of ram and stuff I should be looking at.

Any help would be appreciated :notworthy:

Jackie

Guest caoimhe
    I would just like to say "Hi" to everyone, I have been popping into this site for a while now, without posting, shame on me :wubclub:

I need some advice on laptops, I'm thinking of buying one and I'm not very technical so don't really know what I'm looking for. It'll be used for puting video clips onto dvd's, downloading some music (not much), using webcam and general internet browsing. I don't know what gb of ram and stuff I should be looking at.

Any help would be appreciated :notworthy:

Jackie

hi there jackie

basically any make with these settings

downloading will depend on the speed of your internet setting... the faster the better.

webcam... two things here... one. buy a lappy with one built in.... two. buy an external USB2 web cam..... any will do the trick....

Videos are a different matter.... the minimum spec is :-

1gb RAM (2gb recommended, especially if VISTA is installed)

any DUO CORE processor or AMD X2 processor (it will say this on the lappy)

80gb - 100gb harddrive (storage space) the bigger the better

the screen size will be YOUR pererence... ideally 17" for clearer and sharper images....

the rest of the lappy will be you on choice.... i.e hp, dell, sony....

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0431212958.1220096639@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccddadeemldfhfkcflgceggdhhmdgmh.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=340080&category_oid=-27749

340080.jpg

i would recommend something like this.... personlly i have use and work with these... for under £500 quid...

Guest UzinOz

Thanks Jacqueline, now I know what to look for!!

Cheers

Jackie