Sign in to follow this  
Guest warren1832

LPG conversions

Guest warren1832

Hi everyone,

I've heard that the government gives you grants if you get your car converted to LPG, is this true?. How do you go about this if you want to do it?

Cheers

Mike

(cant wait to get out of a rubbish wet UK!!)

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

If your car is for private use you can get a $2000 grant towards the conversion, you basically book your car in for the conversion, pay the bill, the garage will fill out most of the form needed for the grant, you fill out the rest and take it to your nearest Centerlink office and you get the $2000 usually within 2 weeks,

Guzzler

Guest graandjac
    Hi,

If your car is for private use you can get a $2000 grant towards the conversion, you basically book your car in for the conversion, pay the bill, the garage will fill out most of the form needed for the grant, you fill out the rest and take it to your nearest Centerlink office and you get the $2000 usually within 2 weeks,

Guzzler

Guzzler is spot on, we have done both our car and Ute and it is so much cheeper, the garage does the paperwork, you return the forms and 2 weeks later the money is paid into your bank account

Guest UzinOz

Can I ask how much it costs to have it done?? Any probelms once it's done, someone at the school said there car kept cutting out after it!!

Jackie

Guest graandjac

:)Cost for my ford territory and Hi-lux Ute was $3,300 each less the $2,000 rebate each , only a few hickups ,check around for prices i was quoted from $5,000 to $3,300. It needs to run in a little and then you take it back at no extra cost to have it tuned, the odd bit is changing from gas to petrol at the push of a button ........nothing changes at all smooth as.....cheers Graham

Guest bobbytrish

[Hi Graham,

how is your territory, i am thinking of getting one when we land (six weeks), any bad points? Can you reccommend a dealer? And if you do not mind, how much did it cost(year, mileage, etc)

Cheers Rob

quote=graandjac;51256]:)Cost for my ford territory and Hi-lux Ute was $3,300 each less the $2,000 rebate each , only a few hickups ,check around for prices i was quoted from $5,000 to $3,300. It needs to run in a little and then you take it back at no extra cost to have it tuned, the odd bit is changing from gas to petrol at the push of a button ........nothing changes at all smooth as.....cheers Graham