Guest jen&ian

House sale dilemma

    Recommended Posts

    Guest jen&ian

    Hi all,

     

    As some of you may remember we sold our house again recently after an initial false start, and took an offer a few grand below the asking price. We now find our selves in a bit of a dilemma. My husbands parents have come foward to say they have been looking into getting a buy to lease morgage and buying the house themselves as an investment. This would give us the asking price and save us estate agents fees, (adding up to about 6K extra). I would feel a bit rotten about pulling out of the sale we have agreed, but the extra money would definitely come in v. handy for the move. I really wish we'd known what they were thinking before we accepted the offer! What would you do?

     

    Thanks in advance

    Jen :D

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest bev_stef

    Hi Jen

     

    Its like buses isn't it, take forever and then several come at once. It feels awful pulling out of the sale, but as long as te in-laws are positive its what they want to do, it would give you that extra money that would definately come in handy in Adelaide for you.

     

    Check it out but I would definately go for the inlaws and keep the much needed extra cash.

     

    Good Luck with your decision and with your move later this year.

     

    Bev

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest mOZzy

    i guess you don't want to 'favourite' your inlaws?!

    now if it was a completly different (unknown) 2nd buyer wouldn't you go 'ehm, helloohoo it IS a higher offer after all!!'

     

    so, i'd say you will need every penny you can get hold of :)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Jane.Mason

    Hi Jen and Ian

     

    I'd say go with the inlaw's if their sure. Would the buyers be so thoughtful if they found a house they liked more ?? No didn't think so.

     

    Funny though my OH was on about asking his Dad if he wanted to buy our house as a buy to let property last night, and i poo poo'd the idea.

     

    Good Luck

     

    Jane and Andi[/u]

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest jen&ian

    Hi all,

     

    Thanks for all the advice, as it turns out the inlaws sums haven't quite worked out, serves me right for counting my chickens before they're hatched.

     

    Jen

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest bev_stef

    Never mind Jen, at least you've still got your buyers to go with.

     

    good Luck

     

    bev

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now