help for newbie

Guest peter&julie

Guest peter&julie

newbie here

can anyone please help me?

I am looking at the regianal sponsered state visa and would like to know if like other states you are restricted to sertain areas ( reginal) or can you live and work anywhere in south Australia?

If you are restricted then can you please tell me where you can and can not live and work.

thanks

peter

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi there. I'm new this this wonderful site too - though we have lived in Adelaide since 1990. I guess you are looking at visa 176 (Govt sponsored) or 475 (family sponsored ) - for both of these I understand that the whole of South Australia is classed as a 'regional' area or 'designated' area. So yes, you can work and live in Adelaide, or the suburbs if you want, you don't have to go out to the country areas. We have just sponsored my step-daughter for 475 to SA.

Guest peter&julie

Thanks Kazzarazza for your reply yes I would be looking at the Govt sponsored visa. Thats good to see I can live anywhere:).

Was wondering as you have lived out there for a while can you please tell me do you get frost in the winter in south Australia? I hate defrosting my car :arghh:. or is the climate better than in england?

thanks again

peter

Guest Kazzarazza
Thanks Kazzarazza for your reply yes I would be looking at the Govt sponsored visa. Thats good to see I can live anywhere:).

Was wondering as you have lived out there for a while can you please tell me do you get frost in the winter in south Australia? I hate defrosting my car :arghh:. or is the climate better than in england?

thanks again

peter

Hi again. They get frost up in the hills. I have always lived on the plains, near the beach (Hallett Cove and West Lakes) and have never seen frost in all these years. It's normally 4 or 5 degrees warmer down this side. August did have 3 or 4 really cold days this year (in fact the coldest for 32 years, so it might be a long time before that happens again!) but it still never went below freezing during the night time and I think the coldest day time temperature was 11 degrees in the day. But like I said, this was only for 3 or 4 days the whole winter.

Guest Kazzarazza

My o/h half has just reminded me of his general description of the Adelaide climate, for those who haven't been here before. Temperature wise winter is like an English spring or autumn. Spring and autumn are like the English summer. And summer is like nothing you've ever experienced before in the UK. It's hot but dry (imagine standing in front of a fan forced oven) as our hot weather comes off the deserts way up north. We don't suffer from humidity so even 30 degrees is very pleasant. They quote rainfall figures (what rain) in millimetres rather than inches. Personally, I love the climate here - the east coast (Sydney / Brisbane) get rain like Manchester but it's warm and this makes it too humid for me.