Sign in to follow this  
Guest brandyslad

Different occupations for Vetassess and DIAC

Guest brandyslad

I completed my degree in Marketing and therefore for Vetassess I am getting my skills assessed as a Market research analyst however my work experience over the last few years has been as a Community Worker, will it matter that my Vetassess is in a different occupation to what I am proving my work experience in, i.e Community Worker??

Both are on the SOL list and on SA's list, am i ok to do this?

Guest Simon&Hayleigh

Hello Brandyslad

No worries at all, you will be fine. Vetassess only assess the qualification (degree) they don't look at any work experience. They look at the duration of the degree, whether it is equivalent to an Australian degree, the institution through which you studied and the education system in the country where the institution is located. So you will be fine.

My advice to you though would be to make your nominated occupation for vetassess 'community worker' as it will be easier to prove your experience and to gather your reference letters for your actual visa application later on, as this is the work you have really been doing. Otherwise you will have to get really creative in trying to convince the DIAC that the work you were doing as a community worker was actually the work of a "Market research analyst"!

So in short, vetassess don't assess your degree against your nominated occupation, they only assess the degree itself, I hope this makes sense, we have done our skills assessment at vetassess a few months ago, if you really want to be sure, ask an immigration agent, they will confirm it for you.

Good luck!

Simon

Guest Simon&Hayleigh

Hi again Brandyslad

Forgot to mention - your nominated occupation for your Vetassess application and actual visa application must be the same occupation, therefore see my reasons above again for why I think it would be better to use 'community worker' as your nominated occupation for your entire visa application process

Guest brandyslad
    Hi again Brandyslad

Forgot to mention - your nominated occupation for your Vetassess application and actual visa application must be the same occupation, therefore see my reasons above again for why I think it would be better to use 'community worker' as your nominated occupation for your entire visa application process

Thanks for this!. I spoke to a migration agent who advised me the same as above so have submitted my paperwork to Vetassess a week ago under Community Worker. This does make it a lot easier reference wise. ;)Just waiting now to see what happens.

Guest Simon&Hayleigh

No worries mate, it'll be fine, there is quite a delay at Vetassess at the moment, ours took 10 weeks to complete! I think they may have caught up by now though

Good luck

Guest vixpinkbabe

Hi Brandyslad,

Don't worry, I did the same thing. I have an I.T degree and Vetassess positively skilled me as a "Policy and Organisation Analyst" but my work experience is "Project Administrator". My agent told me you can mix and match, your work experience doesnt have to match your skills assessement. Well, hopefully we'll be fine :)

I think my Vetassess only took 6 weeks, hopefully yours will be the same.

Vicky xx