pick your own fruit ???

Guest soggy

Hi,

I was wondering if there is anywhere around Adelaide that you can go to pick your own fruit, my wife loved spending an afternoon in the country in the UK, picking ( and eating ) fruit as it's somthing unheard of in China, we would not mind a drive of and hour or two.

thanks

Simon

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Hi,

I was wondering if there is anywhere around Adelaide that you can go to pick your own fruit, my wife loved spending an afternoon in the country in the UK, picking ( and eating ) fruit as it's somthing unheard of in China, we would not mind a drive of and hour or two.

thanks

Simon

Hi,

A few places in the Adelaide hills do PYO cherries and strawberries, here's a link that might help http://www.pickyourown.org/australiasouth.htm,

Guzzler

Guest Guest75
Hi,

thanks

Simon

Hi Simon

There is the Agon Berry Farm at Mount Compass.

They have yummy strawberries and such. Not sure what is ready at the moment.

Can't see a web site for them but they are mentioned on the site that Guz gave you. :)

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi there, you pick your own strawberries from Beerenberg farm at Hahndorf and cherries at BP Cherries at Lenswood. There is also strawberry picking on the road to Cape Jervis but I don't know the name of the farm unfortunately. Good luck.

• 9 months later...
Guest fredhargreaves

Forest Range Cherries are the best for PYO cherries - they were around before any of the others and they still have the best prices. You can check when they have stuff available on their website http://www.cherries.net.au. I think the owner is a pom. The season is mainly thru decemebr but check because it varies a lot from year to year.

Forest Range Cherries are the best for PYO cherries - they were around before any of the others and they still have the best prices. You can check when they have stuff available on their website www.cherries.net.au. I think the owner is a pom. The season is mainly thru decemebr but check because it varies a lot from year to year.

Are you on commission or something, with your first three posts all rekindling very old threads and all containing the same text? Or perhaps you just like cherry picking!

Jim

Guest fredhargreaves
Are you on commission or something, with your first three posts all rekindling very old threads and all containing the same text? Or perhaps you just like cherry picking!

Jim

Hi Jim - unfortunately not on commission - nor even special discount - just wanted to put people right on where the locals go and what they pay vs more heavily advertised and obvious stuff. Actually I haven't checked but there used to be a PYO berry operation between Hahndorf and Mylor - off River Road somewhere - raspberries, blackberries, gooseberries etc - organic - all very Prince Charles. After he started he was having trouble with too many customers eating the stuff as they went along - I think he may have restricted it to a closed group of customers after that - he certainly stopped advertising - so I can't be sure whether it still operates - don't go looking on spec - you'd need to ask around - aside from that I'm not aware of any PYO raspberry places here a la UK.

Guest fredhargreaves

I forgot to add blueberries - you can do PYO blueberries at Mount Compass - well you could - check first - I don't see them advertising any more - sometimes these places pull out of PYO and just sell their products at the shed - other times they become successful enough and just don't need to promote it. - It always pays to check before embarking on a long journey. Mt Compass is on the way to Victor Harbor.