carols by candlelight

catherine.c

Has anyone been to the 'carols by candlelight' concert in Elder Park before? I am trying to find out whether it is something you would bring a rug and some food and wine to or whether there is standing room only.

I am trying to get 'into the mood' for christmas and thought this might be a good way to do it - preferably with friends and wine!

Also - do people actually bring candles?

Cheers

Catherine

:tonguexmas:

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi Catherine. Carols by Candlelight is a super event. We went to our first one in 1990 and it still remains in my memory as one of the most moving experiences. Picnics are all the go. I would suggest making a day of it, going down mid-afternoon to get a good spot, as there will be 10's of thousands of people going. We take a picnic rug and/or folding chairs, picnic and wine and our own candles for after dark - and if it's your first time definitely take a camera. There are food and ice cream type stalls as well. You can also get candles there, I can't remember if they hand them out free or if its a gold coin donation. Sure you will have a wonderful day.

Hi we went a couple of years ago and had a good time. I would suggest taking a picnic and a few wines , get there early, take a chair ( low back fold up) blanket and even an umberella if it is hot and sunny. We got battery candles from Cheap as Chips, saves burning your fingers. A great Christmassy afternoon/evening, made me miss UK but got me in the mood for turkey.

it really is awesome Catherine

amazing to see all the candles alight. You can take your own candles but they are also at the door as you go in. You will need a rug and possible little chairs if you have them, and if you get there after 6 it is difficult to find space to sit. We go down around 4 ish with food and drinks!

enjoy

Susanne