Arranging a rental from the UK

Denise

Guest adelaide_aussi

Hi Denise,

I'm an Australian born and bred Registered Nurse working at Flinders Medical Centre (2nd largest hospital in Adelaide) in the southern suburbs of Adelaide. I work with a lot of new UK immigrants who have a variety of visas and have recently come to adelaide.

They all have a story to tell and mostly very positive but they often say that a personal contact in Adelaide would have eased a lot of their concerns about immigrating, especially about short term accommadation on arrival.

I have talked to them about their difficulties getting good quality short term accommadation amoung other issues that they have experienced as somone newly arriving to Adelaide. I'm happy to help in any way possible to make your jouney to Adelaide fun and as smooth as possible. I can help with short or long term accomadation if you want.

I have a large, executive sandstone fronted 3 bedroom plus study house with double secure lock-up garage available on a 1/4 acre landscaped gardens with frog pond, vegetable garden, large trees, beautiful ocean and pine forest views. 25 Minutes from CBD of Adelaide.

It has ducted airconditioning and gas heating as well as an open fire for extra romance. Electric blankets with separate heat settings for our chilly winter

(10 degrees c) are supplied. It has a stunning ensuite with a large romantic spa bath and separate shower, an amazing fully cupboarded study with broad band access available (extra cost) - perfect for home office/business owner.

It's fully furnished with everything you need such as linen, cutlery , TV, stereo system, monitored secuity (extra cost) and just 20 minutes drive from Adelaide CBD in Aberfoyle Park.

I also offer a free "meet & great service" which is fabulous for immigrants who haven't visited Adelaide before. I'll meet you at the airport and take you to your new house. Of course there will be a bottle of SA wine for you to enjoy on your arrival.

Hi

Did any of you secure a long term ( 6 - 1 months) rental from the Uk before you arrived in Adelaide?

I have been in touch with 9 or 10 estate agents, most of which said this isnt possible as they prefer us to view the property.

I have one estate agent who guarentees me we can do this but I dont like relying on one person incase this falls through.

Any advice or contacts from any of you who have done this would be great.

Thanks

Denise