Sign in to follow this  
Guest gbpaving69@hotmail.co.uk

landscaper?paver

hi can anyone tell me what wage i could expect working for a landscaping/paving company and is it still booming in this sector ,thanks ,gaz

Guest hughes

Hi Gary,

I was just reading your post, we are applying for 175 visa and hubby Jason is a landscaper and will be looking for work as soon as we get there. All I can tell you is I have family over there and they have sent me recent papers with jobs in and there are quite a few jobs advertised - quite a few though are only on temp basis but it's a start I guess. Most of the new houses that are built are sold without the garden or driveway done, so maybe there will be more work where they are building. Where are you hoping to go in Adelaide?? Have you already got your visas??

Karen

hi can anyone tell me what wage i could expect working for a landscaping/paving company and is it still booming in this sector ,thanks ,gaz

Hi Gary,

I was just reading your post, we are applying for 175 visa and hubby Jason is a landscaper and will be looking for work as soon as we get there. All I can tell you is I have family over there and they have sent me recent papers with jobs in and there are quite a few jobs advertised - quite a few though are only on temp basis but it's a start I guess. Most of the new houses that are built are sold without the garden or driveway done, so maybe there will be more work where they are building. Where are you hoping to go in Adelaide?? Have you already got your visas??

Karen

hello karen thanks for the reply .no i havnt got a visa as i havnt got the qualifications to get the ball rolling,i started an nvq2 early last year just to be told that wont be enough to get me there so i lost heart and packed it in,i would go anywhere in oz to be honest but ian harrop steered me to adelaide[perth was first choice],and hes just informed me today that the aqf3 thats needed is $7000 but ive got to go to bloody melbourne to do it..im a landscaper not a millionaire lol well times on my side i suppose im only 37 so they mite change the rules back to as they were when they relise not many folks will be migrating if thats whats involved and thats before starting the visa process,its insane,they want us to come to help the economy but put sooo many hurdles in place to put you off , anyway thanks for the info and good luck for 2009 ,gaz