Guest barefoot

Hello to all Poms in Adelaide

Guest barefoot

Hello to all you lovely people

Well doesn't Adelaide look a great place to live! (Thats from a Web recce lol)

Im Leigh, (43), bloke, from London. I joined a few weeks ago when I got my job offer, but just lurked until I got my 475 Visa granted today, whoopee

I'll be living in a hotel on Wakefield Street, (allegedly just temporarily until my firm can sort something out) and working in the CBD

Can't believe it from Job interview to sat at my desk in 26 days, and over a holiday period too!

Still on that emotional roller coaster, of excitement and worry, Im a singly, though leaving 2 grown up children in the UK. I'll be renting out my flat in the UK until the market picks up here.

I hope I get to see you all at one of the get togethers, and say hello properly

Guest Guest75

Hiya Barefoot.

Congrats on the job and visa.

Do share your experinces in here + you will have found we are a helpful lot :)

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Welcome ... phew, what a roller coaster!

Good luck with it all and let me know if you fancy a coffee once you start work in the CBD as I work there too. What do you do?

Cheers

Sas

xxx

Guest Django

Wow thats fast!!!!!! Hope you find Adelaide as good in the flesh as it looks online.

Pete

Guest cazzie

That has happened amazingly fast which is great! Good luck with everything and welcome to PIA.

Hello to all you lovely people

Well doesn't Adelaide look a great place to live! (Thats from a Web recce lol)

Im Leigh, (43) from London. I joined a few weeks ago when I got my job offer, but just lurked until I got my 475 Visa granted today, whoopee

I'll be living in a hotel on Wakefield Street, (allegedly just temporarily until my firm can sort something out) and working in the CBD

Can't believe it from Job interview to sat at my desk in 26 days, and over a holiday period too!

Still on that emotional roller coaster, of excitement and worry, Im a singly, though leaving 2 grown up children in the UK. I'll be renting out my flat in the UK until the market picks up here.

I hope I get to see you all at one of the get togethers, and say hello properly

Whaaat! You land on the 12th and you start work on the 13th???? :shocked: I really hope your employers won't be expecting too much from you on your first day, you'll be completely knackered! Anyway, welcome to PIA!

Guest barefoot
    Whaaat! You land on the 12th and you start work on the 13th???? :shocked: I really hope your employers won't be expecting too much from you on your first day, you'll be completely knackered! Anyway, welcome to PIA!

I hope they won't be expecting much from me the first week :cute:, thank you for all the replies

Guest barefoot
    Welcome ... phew, what a roller coaster!

Good luck with it all and let me know if you fancy a coffee once you start work in the CBD as I work there too. What do you do?

Cheers

Sas

xxx

Hi Guzzler and Sas

Yeppers definately up for a Coffee in the CBD, I'm going to be working for Rising Sun Pictures as a Visual Effects Artist

http://www.rsp.com.au

What do you do?

Guest dawnie

well done, im sooo jelous!! (joke) im a very new newbie! so have lots to learn, we are just at the beginning of hopefully a new life, im a dementia nurse hopefully able to relocate with employers, showing my ignorance! what is CBD?

good luck for the future

Dawn x

Guest barefoot
    what is CBD?

good luck for the future

Dawn x

Thank you Dawn, just to answer your question, CBD is the Central Business District, part of the city centre

:-)

My God, that is so quick, what a great time to go though, January such a ****ty month in the UK, so so depressing and grey.

Good luck with it all, interesting job too.