Sign in to follow this  
Guest coral

Vetassess

Guest coral

will an agent help us with all docs and vetassess if anyone has any info i will be gratefull:)

Guest ReadyPenny

Yes an agent will help you with that, but there are loads of people on here who will help you as well if you wanted to go it alone.

We did TRA so cant offer any advice on Vetassesss - sorry.

Mandy

Guest skellysgirl

i did my own vetasess, it was so easy, i did the online forms was an hour long jobby. Then sent the docs they asked, there was only a few mainly my degree and another document from the uni, got them certified....i waited and then i got a yes.

Really simple.

Guest ReadyPenny

Not sure if TRA do electricans, I think it may be Vetassess. There are couple of sparkies on here who will answer this for you I am sure. If you need an answer quickly try a PM to TooEasy, I know for sure he is a sparks.

Mandy

Guest Lisado

Hi there

We have an agent and she has really help us with all our forms and saved us alot of time. There are people who have done this themselves and seem to have done great as well so either way we can help where possible.

Good luck, Lisa

Guest skellysgirl

If you need any help with it, id be more than happy to help, just Yelllll

Guest billm
    do tra do electricians

That was the route I went down but it changed in 2007. As far as immigration goes, sparkies are now done through VETASSESS. We chose an agent, TEG, expensive but everything was done right first time with no problems. They took out all the uncertainty of filling the forms, collecting the relevant paperwork, etc. Our 175 arrived last week after 16 months. That said, there are plenty of people on PIA who have been there and done it themselves who are willing to help. Get in touch with TooEasy as recommended by ReadyPenny regarding any questions regarding sparkie info, he's been a mine of info for me, a real godsend.

Guest GIPSY

Hi

My husband did Vetassess, he is a plumber. I think the process depends on your occupation. He had to firstly pass a paperbased assessment and then do a 2 day practical assessment.

The paperbased is fairly easy a there is a guideline on the website which details everything you need to cover - you need to detail qualifications and practical experience in all areas covered on the guideline or at least the majority. You then have to provide details of training/ apprenticeships, etc. We had to provide business accounts as my husband is self-employed and even sent customer references, pictures of sign written van, supplier and customer invoices, but all this is detailed in the guidelines.

We did use an agent, but in hindsight we could have done this ourselves and saved quite a bit of money, however, the security of knowing we had covered all the bases was worth it for me.

The practical involved 2 days where 2 assessors watched my hubbie performing 3 different plumbing jobs within a college booth and asked him some questions about his work.

If you want any more details, let me know

Best of luck

Hayley