Sign in to follow this  
Guest MACDONALDO67

Sellicks Beach, Adelaid, SA

Guest MACDONALDO67

Sad as I am I was perusing the net looking for nice properties, (well you have to find a way of passing time) and I came across these two.

Would love it, but can't have it. Anyone know anything about the area of Sellicks Beach as a matter of interest?

The view on the first one, obviously used a telephoto lens, looks good. Fancy waking up to that on a daily basis.

28 MILFORD AVE SELLICKS BEACH

http://www.realestateview.com.au/1243426

Guest Deb17

Sellicks is basically the last outpost of Adelaide! It's a quiet beachside suburb, doesn't have a school that I know of, or shops, but does have great views and the Victory Hotel up on the hill! There's a mix of older style houses and holiday shacks and new build estates down there, as well as the stunning beach. House prices are reasonable there because it's at least a 50 minute drive into the CBD (at top speed) so if you're planning on working in or near the city, you'll spend a long time commuting back and forth. It depends on whether you think the beachside lifestyle is worth the sacrifice.

Guest nottingham

hi, we just stayed for a month in sellicks.we rented a great house for christmas & newyear. we wanted to see if we could live there.it has a post office come takeaway pizza.also the great vic hotel ,great food and out look. the beach is fantastic but thats about it .the area is great but we found it to be alittle too far from the city.we tried the main road to the city and the back road but just too far.we found our selfs spending alot of our time on port willunga beach.(star of greece cafe)it was awsome.theres a new houseing estate just about finished,also loads of new building plots available.allinall we are glad we stayed there as we had a great time but as to living there it was just abit too far to commute to the city.

Guest guest569

Yes its a long way from the city BUT i work with a guy who lives there and the travel is only 15- 20 mins more than me in Seaford rise. 10 mins away is aldinga with all shops and amenities for you.;)

Guest Roo1

Friends of ours moved from Woodcroft to Myponga! :err: (Next village on to Sellicks Beach)

At first I thought they were a little mad but the wife really wanted to experience the country lifestyle and she's got it......chucks an all. :D

Husband works in the city still and it takes him an hour to get there. I guess for them its worth the commute if its the lifestyle your after.

Judi x