Sign in to follow this  
Guest brandyslad

Truck/Lorry Licence

Guest brandyslad

Just want to ask if the LGV and HGV lorry licence will be accepted in Oz for lorry driving work?

Guest cornish Busdriver

G'day.

The answer is no im affaid, i had to retake my test for PSV anf HGV.

You also have to have a full medical and police check.

The licences are MR = ridged and HR = artic.

PSV and LGV are the same licence here so if you got a bus licence you are can also drive a truck with upto 2 trailers long.

If you wanna get into bus driving you will also have to get accreditation as well.

Hope this helps

Guest brandyslad

Thanks. The OH had the opportunity to do the LGV for free before we left and we were debating whether to try and rush his medical and theory for it to get it before we go, but if it isn't valid over there, then there is no point.

I saw one of your earlier post and was saying to him about the bus driving, the only things puts him of would be a less than perfect sense of direction, he would cope with this in a truck as could pull over check his A to Z but the bus would be a different story! Plus we are on a 475 visa, does that rule him out for the buses?

Guest cornish Busdriver

Sorry you cant do busses on a 475 you need a pr visa.

I would tell OH to contact a few companys first as most of them want PR visa or aussie citizen.

Guest ste n sasha

Hi,

My husband resat his HGV license, but he did'nt have to do a medical or police checks, it's only when you apply for certain jobs that they require you to do that !!!!

Guest brandyslad
    Hi,

My husband resat his HGV license, but he did'nt have to do a medical or police checks, it's only when you apply for certain jobs that they require you to do that !!!!

Would you mind giving me a rough idea of cost?

Guest mtreen
    Just want to ask if the LGV and HGV lorry licence will be accepted in Oz for lorry driving work?

no mate they wont. i think you have to take a refresher and its not LGV its MR which means Medium Rigid and HR which Means Heavy Rigid. I have been here 11 years and i had to retake my LGV licence again. It took 2 lessons and then the test hope this helps you.

Mick

Guest ste n sasha

Hi,

There is lots of driving schools and they vary in price my husband paid around $800.

Hope this helps xxx

Guest kellyp

sorry mate am in the same position hold full class one . You will have to re sit part of the test assessment