Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bex & Nick

Hello Everyone

Guest Bex & Nick

Hello all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself & my other half - I'm Bex, 34, and Nick's 31.

we're having our medicals on Saturday and hope that visas won't be too long afterwards.

2007 is definitely the year for us, we've been planning this for about 18 months. We're getting married at the end of March, so if anyone knows how this will affect my visa (with my name change) that'd be helpful!

We're very excited and nervous at the same time about the big change that this will mean for us. I'm pleased to see a fair few links to other sites which sound helpful. Also can't wait to see this programme on BBC1 that has been mentioned. I'm sure that we'll be looking in here for chats and advice over the next few months.

Cheers for now

Bex

Guest taylor family

:D Hi bex and nick

have you filled in your form 1022 yet if not I would be asking your agent because it will effect your visa because all the info you have given the aus govenment will have changed :wink:

we applied for visas with 2 years left on passports and to save getting new ones in oz got new here for everyone so had to fill in the 1022 form cause all our pport numbers had changed :oops:

in your case your name passport driving liecence hope this has been some help keep in touchif I can be of any help.alan and laura.

Guest dglamoore

Hi Bex & Nick

Welcome to the site and good luck for your upcoming wedding :lol:

Just fill in the form quoted by the Taylors and this will sort your name change along with a certified copy of your wedding certificate.

Lisa :lol:

Guest Bex & Nick

Thanks both! Will get onto the Form over the weekend.

We've got our medicals tomorrow, so fingers crossed!

Speak soon

Bex

Welcome Bex & Nick

These forums are great, I have learnt so much since I joined :)

Best of luck with completing Form 1022, I have done it recently & its very simple just holds a load of personal info

Angela :)

Guest splmchandler

Hi everyone, Just to let you know that we arrived safely in Oz on 3rd Jan!! :lol:

We are settling well and Steve has already had a job interview so we are keeping our fingers crossed :roll:

We just wanted to say to everyone that Australia is better than we ever dreamt it would be, so everyone hang in there, all the stress and waiting is worth it, we wouldn't want to be any where else :lol:

Good Luck to everyone,

Lisa & Steve Chandler

Guest dglamoore

Hi Lisa & Steve

Nice to see you have arrived safe and sound. Let us know what you think when you have sorted yourselves out and have some time to stop and breathe :lol:

Take care and enjoy!!

Lisa :D

Guest donna T

Hi Bex and NIck =- welcome to the site. I am sure it will take up as much of your time as it does mine!!!

Lisa and Steve - COngratulations on getting there and sorted - it is always a relief to find people actually like it once they arrive!

Best of luck to both couples

Donna and Russ

xx

Great to hear Steve & Lisa arrived safely, lovely jubbly :)

Hope its not too hot for you both 8)

Angela

Guest splmchandler

Hi Everyone

Well we've been here 2 weeks today and everything is going well :lol:

Steve has got a job with Holden, about a 5 minute drive from where we are staying, we have got our tax file numbers, I;ve enrolled the kids in school, and we are now looking for a house to buy!

Australia is fantastic, we;re really enjoying it all, the kids have settled well,and are looking forward to starting school, so all is well

Good luck to everyone

Best wishes, Lisa & Steve Chandler

Guest dglamoore

Hi Lisa & Steve

Sounds like you have been very busy :lol:

Let us know your first impressions in more detail when you have time - always useful for us UK lot in the queue to read :D

Lisa