Sign in to follow this  
Guest PEZ

Job Prospects

Guest PEZ

Ive received a few e-mails from people in Adelaide ( from other forums ) telling me that the job prospects in Adelaide are really bad and house prices are going through the roof.

I am definitely not applying for visa with rose tinted specs. I realise i have still got to work and have mortgage, just hoping to get chance any advice please.

Guest dglamoore

Unfortunately on forums you will always get people that are not happy here so maybe more negative than things actually are. We have found so many things to be different to how we read them back in the UK - we came over without the rose tinted specs and was pleasantly surprised about lots of things!!!

The minimum wage here is near enought the same as the UK - some wages overall are lower as you will not always be able to get the same pay awards or start in the same position as in the UK. Most of the people we know here are earning pretty similar though if they go self employed:o

With housing we are still amazed at what you can get for your money but I guess this depends on where you are coming from in the UK in relation to house prices there. We lived in Exeter, Devon where you could not even buy a studio flat for less than £100K and a 3 bed house on average was around £250K whereas you can still buy a three bedroom house here for $250K :D House prices are increasing here but we have not seen any major jumps in the year we have been looking on realestate.com.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for from a house, where you want to live, what job you do and how much if any equity you will have :) We know we will rent for at least a year and then depending on how work goes we will go from there but the overall family lifestyle here is certainly better!!

Lisa:cool:

Guest chippie74
    Ive received a few e-mails from people in Adelaide ( from other forums ) telling me that the job prospects in Adelaide are really bad and house prices are going through the roof.

I am definitely not applying for visa with rose tinted specs. I realise i have still got to work and have mortgage, just hoping to get chance any advice please.

isnt it the same here in the uk...jobs ....well in my trade..joiner and the house prices...just go for it!!!!!! live life