What do you cook on yours?

Guest kangomik

Guest Jo&Phil

Breakfast ....... much easier than the grill/fyring pan, especially for hordes of people

Fish ...... lots of good suggestions already mentioned

and

At Christmas I cooked a HUGE ham under the hood of the bbq. I ordered if uncooked from Mick the excellent butcher in Goodwood Road, soaked it overnight and then popped it on one of those silver foil trays you buy from anywhere and slow cooked it for 4-5 hours .......... and it was divine! My parents were here from the UK and it was a real home-from-home experience .............. as I find ham here a bit underdone.

Guest kangomik

Managed a roast in it last weekend, it was very good, with some tweaking it can only get better.

I have a concern now though, the more i Barbie the less she cooks!!!!!!!

Managed a roast in it last weekend, it was very good, with some tweaking it can only get better.

I have a concern now though, the more i Barbie the less she cooks!!!!!!!

Isn't this a good thing as you get to spend more than the kitchen on your next BBQ?? (that's when we'll know we've truly settled - when more care is put into the BBQ than the kitchen.....) (keeping them frozen means they don't burn before cooked) Went into the BBQ shop at Gepps Cross, where you can buy a stand-alone BBQ for $8000..................! Jeez, the price of stainless steel must have gone through the roof....even the salesperson was a little hesitant over the price!

Woolies and K-mart here I come......favourite dish is chicken marinaded in crushed peanut, chilli seeds in foil, along with frozen corns well seared.

My wife has a great recipe for sweet and sour BBQ fish....she even took some courses for chinese cookery - secret to the base sauce is ginger juice concentrate...just awesome!