Sign in to follow this  
Guest dave

TRAzy!

Guest dave

i have finally saved up the money for the TRA. now i need some advice! has anyone paid for theirs by foreign drafts? and if they have, hows about an idiots guide for me? also, has anyone used the Post Offices "sign on delivery overseas" service (its right cheap) and encountered any problems? (its a bit important you see).

You may think you have done your bit for me by posting all the great advice so far, BUT WAIT WHILE IM FILLING IN THE VISA!

YOUR PERSECUTION AWAITS.......

Cheers and mucho thanks,

dave.

Guest soggy
    i have finally saved up the money for the TRA. now i need some advice! has anyone paid for theirs by foreign drafts? and if they have, hows about an idiots guide for me? also, has anyone used the Post Offices "sign on delivery overseas" service (its right cheap) and encountered any problems? (its a bit important you see).

You may think you have done your bit for me by posting all the great advice so far, BUT WAIT WHILE IM FILLING IN THE VISA!

YOUR PERSECUTION AWAITS.......

Cheers and mucho thanks,

dave.

Hi Dave, i just went to my bank,Natwest and asked them for a foreign bank draft, there was a small charge and it took a few days and was posted to my home. I used the post office signed for service it arrived, must have passed my TRA.

Good luck

Simon

Guest mOZzy

hi dave!

just wanted to say 'good luck' -

can't help you with the questions as such. we've sent it all to our agent and she does it all ;)

Guest betty22

HI Dave,

we just went to the bank and filled in an international money transfer.(direct from our account to the TRAs)

Used the post office and international signed for for both TRA and our Main application

everything was OK

Liz

Guest happy-jools

We used HIFX to pay for our TRA. Its like a bankers draft I think. They told us what exchange rate they were offering, and I dont think they charged a fee. As far as I can remember.

;)