3 months & counting!!

Guest G'n'T

Hi all

Not posted on site since introducing ourselves some time ago, I've just enjoyed reading everyone else's comments & picked up a lot of useful information - so thanks to all of you!!

Just a quick update - we booked our flights on Saturday & are leaving Guernsey on 16th May heading for Sydney for 5 nights (so we can do the whole tourist thing to see the opera house & bridge etc!) then on to Adelaide. Really looking forward to it now, have found out so much from this site that we can't wait to start exploring the suburbs to see which appeals the most.

Any tips???? We would love to be not far from the coast, as living in Guernsey that is one thing we are never far away from, also want to be close to a good school where, fingers crossed, my son Zak (he will be 8 by the time we go) will settle happily.

We're all getting quite excited about the big move now, admittedly a bit nervous as well but what an adventure of a lifetime.

Hope to speak to you all soon

Tracey x

Hi Tracey

Its so exciting isnt it when you book those flights :D we are going out on 18th April BUT unfortunatly just for our recci we will probably be going for good around October time BUT we have our visas so I think we will probably come back and plan to go sooner :D:D

Houses seems to be such a big topic lots of people have posted some useful info on the good areas but generally it seems most places are great...

we are torn between some really nice places in the south close to the beach inc Flagstaff hills which seems to be a big fav with brits but have also been told that West lakes, Mawsons lakes and Golden Grove are really nice and very new communities. If you go onto http://www.realestate.com.au you can see the prices of the houses if you then look on the right hand side there is also a free suburb report which you can down load and this gives you some more info in the area and demograph it can be quite uesful. we are seriously thinking about buying some land and having our house built for us as this seems to be a really good option and then its ready for when we get down there :shock:

Good luck

It all depends on what takes your fancy. There is no deciding on what suburb you like until you get here.

If you want to live near the coast then your choice can be anything from North Haven to Victor Harbour - just follow the coastline south. The further south you go, the more affordable the housing is generally.

There are schools everywhere so you'll always be close to one somewhere.

I must admit I'm wondering why you'd want to leave a beautiful place like Guernsey but then everyone has their reasons.

Good luck with your choice.

Guest dglamoore

Hi Tracey

Congratulations on booking your flights - we booked ours Monday for flying out 22nd April and everything now seems very real :shock:

We will also be looking to be nearish the coast and in the southern suburbs but aprt from this have no idea where we will end up. Looking forward to having a mad adventure when we get there exploring all the different areas and having a good search around for house and kindy for Dawn.

Might bump into you over there!! Enjoy your break in Sydney - we are stopping in Singapore for 4 nights to chill a bit :lol:

Lisa :D

Thanks for your replies & useful links

Moosh

Guernsey is not an awful place to live, I can think of much worse!! However living on an island so small can become a bit of a bore, within half an hour you can drive round the island & there is nothing to do in the winter, it's really hard to keep kids entertained. Also, you don't get a lot of property for your money, I can't wait to start looking round some nice houses & having the option to go to different places around South Australia that take longer than 20 minutes to get there!

:lol: :D

Guest Guest75
Thanks for your replies & useful links

Moosh

Guernsey is not an awful place to live' date=' I can think of much worse!! However living on an island so small can become a bit of a bore, within half an hour you can drive round the island & there is nothing to do in the winter, it's really hard to keep kids entertained. Also, you don't get a lot of property for your money, I can't wait to start looking round some nice houses & having the option to go to different places around South Australia that take longer than 20 minutes to get there!

:lol: :D[/quote']

LOL

You will be living on the world's largest island soon :-)