Its just come home to me how far away we are

andy and lindsey

I've sat here for 10 minutes contemplating which sub forum I needed to put this post in and decided on this one as none really seem appropriate. I've just had it hit home, hard exactly how far away from the UK we really are. My sister is pregnant and has just had her 20 week scan and has been told that there is a problem with the babies heart. Now I am here, I am a midwife (although I dont have any experience with cardiology), Andy is at work and the only person in the UK who might be able to fill me in a little more (in the UK) - I cant get hold off - so I feel totally crap and I cant imagine what my sister is going through:sad:

I Know there would be very little I could do whether here or there, but I am sure a hug wouldn't go a miss!

Thought I would share it with you guys - as they say a problem shared is a problem halved.

Lindsey

Hi Lindsey,

sorry to hear your news, I can understand the 'hug' side of things, but I'm sure your sister will know you care, especially with the abundance of phone calls that you no doubt give her.

As you have said whether you are with her in the UK or in Oz, it wouldn't change anything, just save up your own hugs for when andy gets home to help make you feel better!

take care, heres some hugs from me OOOOOOOx

Just wanted to send you some hugs, I don't know how it must feel as we are still here but I am sure that the support you can give your sister via phone, web cam etc wil be just as much appreciated.

Wishing you and your sister all the best

Guest Libby1971

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Lindsey)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Oh honey, what a horrible experience for you all. For your sister, I bet she would want one of your undoubtedly fab hugs, and how hard for you to feel this when you can't be there.

I wish I had something deep and meaningful to offer. I am sooooooo thinking of you. Take care

Libby

Guest Missbabz

Hi Lyndsey

Sorry to hear your news and how sad you are feeling at the moment. We are all here for you, thinking of you and sending you lots of huggles (that is ,cuddles and hugs)

Take care

Babz

Guest suejohndan

Hi Lindsey,

Just wanted to pass on some support. Just keep in touch with your sister and I'm sure she will appreciate all of the phone calls and messages that you will be sending her over the next few weeks.

Big Hugs

Sue x

Hi Lindsay

Sorry to hear about your sister. She is probaly feeling exactly the same. You both will feel better once you have a good long chat. Keep us all updated and Im send you a hug from the cold, wet North east of england.

Kimberley xx

Guest happy-jools

So sorry that you had this news when you so far away. Im afraid I cant say anything that may make you feel better, but just to let you know my heart goes out to you and sending some positive vibes your way.xxxx

:wubclub:

Guest theshearers

Hi Lindsay

Just wanted to reiterate what everyone else is saying and send you a big hug and hope all works out ok!! Hopefully if all us PIA'ers send enough hugs they will eventually reach you down under!!!

My sister is also pregnant at the moment and even though we are in the UK she lives in Cheshire and we live in Devon and that distance is hard enough sometimes, but its nothing compared to you and your sis!!

Just remember we are all here on this site to help each other get through the bad times as well as the good!!

Take care and best of luck to you, your sister and the baby!

Vicki

Guest homewardbound

Hi Lindsey

Sorry to hear about your sister. It's at times like this when the distance really matters and you can't just jump in a car and be with her. They can do marvels nowadays, even with babies in the womb, so we'll be positive and hope all will be well.

So thinking of you all. Take care

Ronni

Guest louiesmum
Thankyou all for all youir messages of support - It does mean a lot. My sister is going for a more indepth scan today so that will tell us more. Thankyou all once again:v_SPIN:

Lindsey

I hope it all goes well with the scan

Thinking of you