What is your main reason for returning?

Guest Paula H

We had a PR visa (Regional Sponsored) as my husband's sister and family have lived in Adelaide since 1998. Our daughter had just turned 13 when we went out there. My husband's mother also moved to Adelaide a couple of months after on a Contributory Parent Visa. She is still over there and would come back if she could face all the upheaval again. It did cost a lot to get the visa and move over but the rate was $2.40 to the pound when we went. When we came back in 2010 the rate was $1.65 to the pound so our house proceeds bought us a lot more pounds. After all that, we have no regrets about going over there for 5 years because we would always have regretted not giving it a go. It was an adventure and has made us appreciate the Uk a lot more than we did before. I would still tell anyone to give it a go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Paulyn Y

i'm a 475. my husband had just talked to me about our savings running out and the job he's having is not helping at all. he thinks that he has a better prospect in Singapore (he had worked there before we came to adelaide). it turned out that he's being head hunted by some singapore recruitment agencies.

i'm torn. i love being in adelaide. but we've been here for almost a year, and still can't get a decent job...

Guest Paulyn Y

he's in taxation. i wouldn't call him a tax agent per se, because he was attached to accounting firms, of which the firm itself was the agent. he was previously with 2 of the Big4 in the industry, 5yrs in Malaysia and 2 yrs in Singapore. he does general, personal and corporate tax. he's now taking classes with h&r block, hoping that it might open some doors. the course would run for 16 weeks (he's currently on 2nd week), ending somewhere May/June. prospect however, it had been made known, that even if he's hired, it would be on a casual 4 mths basis, to help out on their mid-year load. fingers crossed that we could sustain ourselves till then. he's already sending out resumes now, hoping that someone would give him a chance, pending completion of the course.