good luck to the little uns starting school 2mrw

sue2oz

my 5 year old is starting school 2mrw and my nerves have GONE:dull:

have just had a winge carnt help it hope he does ok.

keep going into his room and kissing the face of him(hes asleep by the way)

Even typing this am having emotional moment:unsure:

Hes fine about it, hes got his new lunch box and uniform all ready for 2mrw its just me am not.

Been here 12 weeks now maybe things are turning into reality dont get me wrong i am enjoying every minute am just feeling abit emotional right now

GOOD LUCK to all the kids starting their new school 2mrw!!!!!

sue xxx

Guest thebaddeleys

Ah you poor thing, My little boy is three and I just know I will be a nervous wreck when its his first day at school!

Good luck, I'm sure he will love it! x:cute:

Guest KP Nuts

Sorry Sue, but I can't wait to get them back at school.... but as you know, mine are a bit older than yours, lol. But in saying that, I'm also a bit worried hoping they ALL settle in ok.

I'm sure Charlie (hope I got the right one) will be fine.

Sue he will love it !!!!! just think of the peace and quiet as well - that is weird at first i found (aidan as you know did 2 months in the UK) but you will soon get used to it !

but yep agree good luck to them all !!! heres hoping they all settle in well which i am sure they will - no probs - or should i say no dramas !!!!!!!

I'm with Kim and Pete. Shame we can't send Niamh and Joe as well.:biglaugh:

I'm sure he must need it. Ours are climbing the walls. Sophie wanted to go to bed in her uniform to save time in the morning. We allowed her to get it out and hang it over the back of her chair. :biglaugh:

I know he will be fine Sue. ;) I just hope you are too.:unsure:

Pete

Guest caoimhe

Well ours haven't been in school here yet so tomorrow is their 1st day and I really feel for them and I am very nervous.

My eldest (10) is excited but very nervous as when he started school at 'home' he went with a few friends he already had so he is worried about not making any new friends.

When my twins started school at 'home' there were a load of crying kids not wanting to leave their mums but my twins were asking me 'when are you leaving mum, were fine' don't know if they are well adjusted children or I am a bad mother:biglaugh:

For us its the start of some 'normality' to our lives here, maybe we can get into a routine here at last

thanks everyone!!!!

you are all so nice

just been in for another squeese!!!(carnt help it)

sam and louis will be there too so that makes it alot easier.

yes kim you got charlie right!

my house is gonna be so quiet 2mrw, think i might join the local playgroup with harry:biglaugh:

carnt wait for this time 2mrw when its all over, kids hey!!!

sue xxx

Guest theshaws

I know how you feel. My youngest is starting tomorrow for the first time in Oz and Im sure Im not going to sleep tonight for worrying about it. She seems fine and excited but Im a nervous wreck!

Lx

Guest Dave & Carole

Sue - good luck - hope all goes OK. My little girl started in Sept in UK & I was fine till she went into the building - then blubbed the whole way home in the car! I now dread having to do this all over again when we get out & she has to start again. That all being said - she loves school - like most children that age, it is all about friends & playing.

My son - didn't even look back to me when he started school here in the UK :huh:and my daughter who has just joined reception in Sept 08 (and age 4 at end of Aug 08 - making her youngest in her class) went in basically saying ok - you can go now, as she was super excited :v_SPIN:. I of course was in tears!

I think my concern is if we ever get to oz this time next year - I worry in case they will be bored if kept behind a year

Does that happen?

I hope it all goes ok for you tomorrow and to everyone in a similar position ;)

Lisa

It doesn't get any easier my son (13) had his first day at high school today and both me and OH had lumps in our throats when he walked off with his new class, we are big sooks.

Good luck to all of the new kids, big and small ..

Nikki

x

I am glad i made it through the school holidays without losing my sanity..........i have worekd all my life but due to circumstances beyond my conrol i have been a house husband this last couple of months or so.

And tell you what guys its aot easier going to work !!!!

I cannot belive how quiet the house is right now and i managed to get all the jobs done, we dnt have to worry about anything getting messes up.....well not till 3.15 anyhows lol.

Guest KP Nuts
I am glad i made it through the school holidays without losing my sanity..........

I cannot belive how quiet the house is right now and i managed to get all the jobs done, we dnt have to worry about anything getting messes up.....well not till 3.15 anyhows lol.

LOL, and totally agree.............

All your kids will have a ball. They wont worry about being bored at school. They will be with kids their own age and be proud of what they have already achieved. My youngest was supposed to go back to school on 28th ( I think) but we wont be back til 4th Feb and lucky her goes straight into school on the 5th. Some of the kids I have seen here in the UK look way too little to be in uniform and at school. All your kids will adapt and in the big scheme of the 13 yrs they may spend in school in Aus by the end it wont matter how or when they started. Enjoy the quiet cos there are loads of public holidays in 1st term and April is not far away. :D

Guest ffi&dyl

Hi Sue,

Hope Charlie had a great day at school today. Elain had her first day at reception in Moana today as well, been worried about her all day can't wait to go and get her and see how her day's been. Fingers x they'll want to go back tomorrow!!

Ffion x

well guys charlie really enjoyed his first day(he said it was crap but if you knew him thats a good sign!!!!hehe):D

he's completed him homework and folded his uniform up for 2mrw bless!

hope urs enjoyed it too

louis and sam really enjoyed it too and am delighted with the changes in their school

roll on 2mrw am loving the school just carnt cope in this heat:nah:

the kids aint aloud out anyway so thats a good thing, happy dayz:)

Guest LISA 79

Hi im lisa..

Ive been here since the begining of november and still trying to settle in.ive got a five year old boy getting ready to go to school were just getting ready to move again hopefully to semaphore, then he will be enrolled and i cant wait.ive also got a two year old boy whos full of energy if anyone would like to get intouch just drop me a line and we could go for a coffee..