Dentist costs

Guest Globetrotter

Guest Globetrotter

Hi all

I rang up a local dentist on Friday as I've chipped a tooth and booked an appointment with them. I asked if I could have a check up at the same time as I've not had one since coming over. When I asked how much my jaw dropped to the floor - $245 & that's just for the check up, god knows how much it's going to cost me for the repair. She did explain that includes two xrays, but it still seems v expensive to me. I'm leaving the check up for a while !!!

I just wondered if this was the average cost for a dentists check up or I'm I being ripped off ? Also I've heard of some type of cover that allows you to get money off dentists and afew other treatments, if any one knows any details I'd be gratefull. I just thought medicare covered dentist too, so had a nasty shock !!

Any advice would be helpful, thanks

Kerry

Guest Nick11
Hi all

I rang up a local dentist on Friday as I've chipped a tooth and booked an appointment with them. I asked if I could have a check up at the same time as I've not had one since coming over. When I asked how much my jaw dropped to the floor - $245 & that's just for the check up, god knows how much it's going to cost me for the repair. She did explain that includes two xrays, but it still seems v expensive to me. I'm leaving the check up for a while !!!

I just wondered if this was the average cost for a dentists check up or I'm I being ripped off ? Also I've heard of some type of cover that allows you to get money off dentists and afew other treatments, if any one knows any details I'd be gratefull. I just thought medicare covered dentist too, so had a nasty shock !!

Any advice would be helpful, thanks

Kerry

Sounds right - but shop around for the best price, however the best price doesn't necessarily mean the best dentist!