Phenergan

The Monaghans

Hi Not sure but you can get others similar but mainly antihistamine type effect rather than travel sickness/antipsychotic effect. My OH says you can as people at work have bought it.

Hi Liz yes you can buy phenergan over the counter here. We gave it to Oliver when we travelled and it was a god send. A word of caution though, when you buy it try them with it before the actual flight - give them a dose one night before bed, as it can have the opposite effect with some children and make them hyper!

Lindsey

Hi Liz

I found that didnt work with my two, especially izzy so I gave her Medised, i think you can get it over here, it states its for teething and aids restful sleep. I gave it Izzy when she needed her sleep pattern put back in and it did work,

have a wonderful time

Jo xx

Guest Aussie pat
Hi Liz yes you can buy phenergan over the counter here. We gave it to Oliver when we travelled and it was a god send. A word of caution though, when you buy it try them with it before the actual flight - give them a dose one night before bed, as it can have the opposite effect with some children and make them hyper!

Lindsey

Lindsey is right. We had exactly that happen to us on a flight from Munich with our son when he was 18 months old. Wouldn't wish it on anyone! A GP friend told us later that it's not uncommon.

Hedy

Guest dale_jo@
Crikey! Maybe I should take it instead and let Richie run round after the kids on the flight!!:biglaugh: Thanks for the info everyone, maybe I'll just stick to good old Medised!

Yep, I`d say try it before also!!!

Chelsea is allergic to eggs and she has it, and it has the opposite effect on her(Hypes her up!!)

Good Luck!!

Jo

Hi

We used with both kids 3-7 at the time when we visited his year. We too were warned to try it and be careful with the dosage. We had no problems and a quiet flight. Kids slept most of the way. Blisssss. I tried it at time about a week before the trip. Hope your trip goes smoothly.

Kimberley x