resumes and cvs

Mazza

Has anyone from ireland or Uk used any resume writing service to prepare cv for Australian job market. So many out ranging hugely in varying fees. Im looking at resume centre and successful resumes. If anyone has used either or can recommend one of them or different please do. Thanks. M

No, I just used my uk style one with no problems at all. I've seen a fair few Aussie ones and many of them are shocking.

Often it is not necessarily the style (as you say Blossom you used your UK one with no problems), but the content and making it applicable to the job you are applying for. It also depends on how much competition there is for the job. To a certain degree if you have a shocking resume/CV but say for example you are only 1 of 5 people in the world that can work on a certain computer system, then it probably won't make much difference. However if you are applying for an admin position and competing against 300-500 other applicants your resume becomes the sales document that needs to stand out for all the right reasons.