Hallett Cove R12

RJECSAUNDERS

Hi my son goes to Hallett Cove R-12, he likes it there and made lots of friends. His grades have been good and he says its more relaxed than the UK. He gets on with his work and tries to do his best, like he always has. He's also represented the school for football and rugby league, he has never had a bad word to say about the school, so it must be OK.

My daughter is in the junior school and is doing well. It is a more relaxed atmosphere than the school she attended in England but there is a strong emphasis on social skills, resilience and self reliance. The children are expected to take responsibility for much of their school experience and are encouraged to take part in lots of sometimes free after school activities. For example last year a free martial arts programme was offered as well as heavily subsidised dance and other sports activities.

R-12 schools must adhere to strict government standards in order to gain funding which then filters down to the students by way of enhanced learning experiences, extra curricular activities and the like.

God luck with your move and choosing the best school for your children.

:)

Guest weesp

Hi, my three have all attended and are attending, yes it is a very relaxed school which is good as the one they attended in England put so much pressure on the children. Their grades are good, even if I did think it strange that they could take their Ipods into school to listen to whilst working. But if it works, don't fix it. They are both happy there.

Lynn

• 5 weeks later...
Guest mayjess

My 2 used to go there, eldest settled on 1st day, she loved it, youngest took a bit longer but soon got into the swing of things, she loved the volley ball and on fridays they used to all go the beach to play against some other schools.

Nice, clean, relaxed & good amount of homework, not too much, nice balance

Mayjess

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Family Lomax
Hi my son goes to Hallett Cove R-12, he likes it there and made lots of friends. His grades have been good and he says its more relaxed than the UK. He gets on with his work and tries to do his best, like he always has. He's also represented the school for football and rugby league, he has never had a bad word to say about the school, so it must be OK.

We will be coming to Adelaide in January. My daughter is 12 in October and I do not know what year she will be in 2010. Can you help. What other areas would you recommend staying in other than Hallett Cove.

Belinda