'My school' website and MOANA & SEAFORD PRIMARY

Guest seekingsunshine

Guest seekingsunshine

just wondered if anyone had had a look at this website and what they thought....

interesting article in Southern times messenger this week which basically implies lot of kids in some southern areas are deprived which therefore explains a lot of the low results achieved by some of the schools down south.

personnally i think a lot of how kids get on at school depends on parents and what help they get at home and obviously these results are just results of a few tests but i have looked at the different results schools in my area have got....

i was surprised to see the results from private schools eg tatachilla werent as impressive as i thought they would be...

i'm especially looking at moana and seaford primary - has anyone got any views on these two? from what i've read theres not too much between them, and on the 'my school' website they get pretty similar results!

anyone got any views on these two schools?

Guest dglamoore

Our daughter goes to Seaford K7 and has been there for nearly 3 years now - always been impressed and it has a lovely friendly feel as quite a small school.

Lisa

Guest seekingsunshine

thanks lisa :)

seaford has half number of pupils of moana doesnt it?!

we're buying a house thats in between the two schools so i'm planning to see seaford next week and moana has an open tour on 23rd i think - prob see how i feel, such a big decision.

good to have different peoples experiences to consider

thanks

Guest seekingsunshine
my wife has taught at seaford for the last 3 years and we have just moved our 2 kids out of All saints into Moana.

thanks :) i really cant decide between the two seaford or moana- may be down to which is a nicer walk lol!

hopefully my tour will help me decide! :err:

hiya,

we did the school shopping when we arrived and just had a good feel about moana and both my kids enjoy it there. they have a zero tolerance on bullying etc and the principal has always been ''for the kids'' in attitude and asked what they like even on the look around where as the other schools were more on what they had in the case of equiptment and trying to impress by material things. I know lots of people who have children at seaford and are very happy with the school and also have people who have removed them and placed them at moana now through issues that werent resolved. Have a look around both and see what you feel.If the children are happy and want to learn they will learn anywhere :)

kath x

Guest kelv&haley

hi. following on from what others have said i have heard of children being moved out of seaford because the parents werent happy with how 'issues' were resolved by staff. the head at moana is lovely and talked directly to my child when we looked around,she is always in the school yard before school,something i like,(showing a presence,) and a week after my son joined she saw me in the playground and asked how he was settling and referred to him by name,so i am very impressed with the personal touch,as well as the 'feeling' i got when viewing........son very happy too!!!! and if you choosed moana i'll walk with you,haha....see ya soon haley

We hjave both our lil ones in Moana they have been great for us...we feel the school gives the kids everything they need...our kids love it there.

I cant comment on Seaford for the little ones, but where the big kids were concerned we did have some issues with the school...

Were building doen at Aldinga and are thinking of keeping our lil man @ Moana...not sure about the 12 year old...but dnt think it will be Seaford.....

HG

Guest dglamoore
thanks lisa :)

seaford has half number of pupils of moana doesnt it?!

we're buying a house thats in between the two schools so i'm planning to see seaford next week and moana has an open tour on 23rd i think - prob see how i feel, such a big decision.

good to have different peoples experiences to consider

thanks

We visited Moana too and thought it looked great but went with Seaford K7 because it was smaller. Don't get Seaford K7 primary mixed up with Seaford Rise Primary. We had friends that took their children out of there due to bullying which seemed to be a bit of a problem in their class at the time! Take time to visit the schools in the area and you will soon know which you feel more at home at :)

Lisa