Cupcake Decorating Party??

Guest Lulujim

Guest Lulujim

Hi all,

I have a cupcake business, and have thought about doing cupake decorating parties.

I would supply all the plain cupcakes, frosting, toppings, decorations, bags, aprons etc etc..and could have themes (fairy, transport, dinosaurs etc etc)

Just wondered if this was something that would be of interest to people with littleys?

Any feedback would be very much appreciated!

Thank you, Alexis ;)

I reckon teenagers would enjoy it too! Times I've come back to my kitchen after a day at work and DD and her friend have been using everything in my cake decorating cupboard! Even if they can't be bothered to bake the cupcakes, they decorate digestive biscuits!!

Guest mandmick

I think this is a great idea!

We used to go to cupcake type parties when we lived in Dubai and they were a great addition to a party!

Good Luck and keep us posted as I would definitely have a party!

You could do baby showers etc too!!

Guest Chandan

Hi Alexis...

A friend and I used to do that in London for my bosses and their friends.. (I worked as a nanny and have a side passion for all things cupcake- would be lovely to meet you one day) and the kids loved them... the little kids 12 months up were adorable.

We charged £15 per child who would be decorating and then a one off booking of £50 per cupcake helper (teenage girls are very creative and love little kids and hourly pay rate is good for costings , in the parents mind it was much cheaper and more fun than any normal birthday cake. we retained all our products/decorations , but I would suggest from experience that making a package of leave behind products is better, like disco glitter, decorations etc. and have varied priced package. If you would like any help whatsover I am happy to help (full time mum climbing the walls!!) ,and you probably wouldnt need to have the excuse of having a birthday parties either.. baby showers.. decorating classes etc (which btw do you do as I am trying to find an evening class where I can be an individual, relax and do something for fun for a few hours.. rather than a mummy and wife 24/7.. )

Goodluck

Danni

Guest Lulujim
Hi Alexis...

A friend and I used to do that in London for my bosses and their friends.. (I worked as a nanny and have a side passion for all things cupcake- would be lovely to meet you one day) and the kids loved them... the little kids 12 months up were adorable.

We charged £15 per child who would be decorating and then a one off booking of £50 per cupcake helper (teenage girls are very creative and love little kids and hourly pay rate is good for costings , in the parents mind it was much cheaper and more fun than any normal birthday cake. we retained all our products/decorations , but I would suggest from experience that making a package of leave behind products is better, like disco glitter, decorations etc. and have varied priced package. If you would like any help whatsover I am happy to help (full time mum climbing the walls!!) ,and you probably wouldnt need to have the excuse of having a birthday parties either.. baby showers.. decorating classes etc (which btw do you do as I am trying to find an evening class where I can be an individual, relax and do something for fun for a few hours.. rather than a mummy and wife 24/7.. )

Goodluck

Danni

Hi Danni, Will send you a PM as this sounds fantastic! I used to be a nanny too -worked in London from 1999 - 2001! Probably moved in the same circles - lol.

Would be great to meet up or have a chat on the phone!

Will PM you though now!! ;)

Guest Chandan

Thats so funny... you never know!! The Nanny world seemed so small... I was there from 98 til this year.. Replied earlier to your PM..

Chat soon

Danni