homesick

Guest chocolate

Guest sithewindows
I have lived in Adelaide for 3 and a half years now and have recently been feeling very homesick, does anyone else feel the same way?

What is it you miss? We lived in WA and had to come back to UK due to home sickness (not me, I loved it). It has been the worst 5 years we have had. We started looking to come back to Aus 18 months ago, but due to exchange rate and other problems its been difficult. Now made up our minds to do it ASAP. Never thought I would be a Ping Pong Pom! It will be much harder for us now due to age and finances but I think it will be worth it. The UK is not in a good way at the moment, and looks like being that way for the next few years

Hi Choc,where abouts do you live?I think alot of people do suffer from homesickness.Some it hits around Xmas time or other celebration that they'd normally maybe be spending with family/friends.For a few,the homesickness becomes too much to handle and they head home,and of course there are variants in reasons.Have you been back to the UK since you left?Not sure where you are from in the UK.There are pockets of the UK that for sure are doom and gloom,but for alot of it,nothing has changed,even during the recession.Just read today online (news.com.au)that unemployment levels have dropped which is brill.Have you discussed your feelings with your partner (if you have one)or family?

Hi chocolate :) I don't know how old you are, you posted this in the Kids forum so am figuring you are under 16.

I don't know I can offer much help but was wondering if your homesickness has been brought on by a visit back to the UK or by something happening? Or are you not having such a great time in Adelaide atm? Have you talked to your parents (or siblings if you have them and they are old enough) as they may have felt feelings of homesickness and be able to talk to you about them. Or a teacher or friend at school might be able to help or offer support if you wanted to talk to someone outside of your family.

What is it about the UK you miss? Friends? Places? Lifestyle? Do you like living in Adelaide? Have you been happy up till now?

I remember we moved to a new town when I was 14 (I'm a fair bit older now though). I hated it. Hated the school, hated the town, hated just about everything and I didn't talk to my Mum about it as she was really happy. But one day I finally blurted it out to her and she was shocked and then upset I was upset and then we sat and talked about things and we tried to work out a way for things to be better. You don't sound as though you hate living in Adelaide but if you are missing something about the UK, talking to someone who knows the place and can relate to you would help I think.