HELP! Leaving in two weeks & not remotely ready!!

Selah

The title says it all. How can it take two years to go through the application process and then suddenly you realise you have two weeks to go and my house doesn't even REMOTELY look I'm moving ANYWHERE much less to the other side of the world. I wouldn't say I'm a procrastinator by nature but this is truly ridiculous. And by nature of what we do, we have two weekends of performances right up until 2 days before we go. STOP THE WORLD - I NEED TO GET OFF! Everything about our situation has been bizarrely unique - I mean who else gets the shippers in to quote for a 7 1/2 foot foam elephant and two 14 foot giraffes (along with a few beds and bookshelves) I know two weeks from Monday, I will be on a plane with my husband and 3 children but the big question is will any of our belongings have made it??? Will my house be empty for the new renters or will I accidentally leave somebody behind??? Someone give me some encouragement that at least one of you felt like this or that it's even possible????:arghh:

Liz

Guest ben&sharon

I was going to sympathise with you and tell you that it was like this for all of us, but I don't remember lying awake at night wondering how I was going to ship my elephant........... ;).

Strange wildlife aside, what you're going through is (almost) completely normal - our house looked exactly the same as always right up to the point at which the packers arrived. There'll be something you forgot or didn't get time to do - I can almost guarantee it - but there's no point worrying about it until it's happened (and then it's too late to worry, as my mum says......).

There's no point telling you to chill out, cause you won't do that until you get on the plane, but just try and enjoy the rollercoaster until then.....

Looking forward to following this one..... ;)

Sharon.

We have been here for just over a few weeks and I can honestly say that we still feel a bit likt that as there is always loads to sort out - especially with kids.

However on the plus side the weather is lovelly and it makes up for the lack of sleep we are currently not getting courtesy of our 2 kids.

I remember saying to the packers "we are organised, honest" and one of the chaps looking back at me as if to say yeah right! I said we will be ready for you in the morning we still weren't I was washing shoes and bikes all at the last minute whilst they were packing round me!

There is stuff that should have not got packed for sure - like my husbands flip flops, dvds etc the list goes on.

It will be ok and as long as your all here safe and well then thats the best thing.

good luck

Michelle

Guest markjohn

Hi,

We are leaving 2 weeks this Thursday and are just the same.As much as we sell things ,give to charity the house still seems full.Our stuff was shipped 3 weeks ago and i still keep finding things that should have gone lol.

We are stopping off in Singapore for 3 nights but not sorted anywhere in Adelaide yet.Have you ?

Mark and Sara

i remember it all too well!!

you'll be allright - the packers are professionals and will work their way through it like locusts on a feeding frenzy!

just make sure that they things you want to take on the plane are somewhere safe (eg. car) - especially tickets, money, passports, documents!

soon it will be all over and forgotten :cute:

Hi,

We are leaving 2 weeks this Thursday and are just the same.As much as we sell things ,give to charity the house still seems full.Our stuff was shipped 3 weeks ago and i still keep finding things that should have gone lol.

We are stopping off in Singapore for 3 nights but not sorted anywhere in Adelaide yet.Have you ?

Mark and Sara

If your staying in Sinapore I can recommend the zoo, we stayed there for a 3 days too. Did not do much else as it was really humid just hung around the pool but the zoo was really good just do it slowly as there is plenty to see.

Michelle

We are VERY lucky in that my inlaws and brother/sister in law are there so we won't be homeless. I just realised I've become paralyzed with so much to do. Our things aren't being shipped until Monday/Tuesday next week as we needed much of our equipment for performances we just completed so the real crisis is going to be my revelation of how much is still left after the shippers come in and how few days there will be to get rid of it. Add that to our car breaking down (just needed it to last 2 more weeks....) and the stress levels are high. I cry at a drop of a hat! I know it will all be fine as I'm actually American (married to Brit) and have moved from US to Canada to here to Oz now but this is probably my biggest base of really close friends. We have no reason to moan or complain since so many people are worrying about housing and immediate bills and we know at least we won't starve or be on the streets. Best of luck! We actually have a rental viewing this afternoon (house sale fell through 2 weeks ago) so it has kicked me into gear. House looks like a DISASTER AREA!!!

Liz

i remember it all too well!!

You'll be allright - the packers are professionals and will work their way through it like locusts on a feeding frenzy!

Just make sure that they things you want to take on the plane are somewhere safe (eg. Car) - especially tickets, money, passports, documents!

Soon it will be all over and forgotten :cute:

promise????!!!!

Guest back clan
If your staying in Sinapore I can recommend the zoo, we stayed there for a 3 days too. Did not do much else as it was really humid just hung around the pool but the zoo was really good just do it slowly as there is plenty to see.

Michelle

hi philc

was the zoo nice to stay in did u have an ensuite as well , meal times a buffet or was it cage service ( sorry could not resist that one)

Michelle

Message to wife (Riponian), if you're going to post stuff as me, at least make it reasonably intelligent - and for the record we didn't stay at the zoo, we stayed at the Swissotel Stamford next door to the Raffles - very nice, very expensive eating there - room rates quite reasonable.