Has anyone Else come across this i am sure it must be a scam!!!!

Guest helene73

Guest helene73

Some people i know in my home town have logged thier visa application with WA, however 18 months on they are still awaiting a ansew on PR.

A few weeks ago they recieved a email from thier visa agent telling them they needed to pay £2000 or their application would go to the bottom of the list!!!!!

Surely this is a scam on the part of their visa agent or is it????

I would not have thought the goverment would demand money like this, dose anyone/friends have any experiance of this that could help them out :)

Guest Guest75

It sounds dodgy or perhaps misinterpreted??

The agent should be registered with MARA.

Never heard of keeping your place in the queue by paying for it!!!:skeptical:

Guest helene73
It sounds dodgy or perhaps misinterpreted??

The agent should be registered with MARA.

Never heard of keeping your place in the queue by paying for it!!!:skeptical:

Thanks, I too thought this was really dodgy when I heard about it but thought I would check on here if any one had a similar experience!!!

I made sure my agent was register with MARA

Guest helene73
Sounds dodgy, might be worth checking out the agents validity

Too right, I am wondering weather their agent is MARA register, I made sure mine was.

Guest Mitchell

The closest thing I can think of is certain types of visa (only parent ones I thought) you can pay £2k to get fast tracked but you do that right at the beginning not after 18 months. Have you thought about ringing the Australia house help line? It's expensive at £1 per min but if it saves you £2k and stops dodgy agents it could be worth it.

Guest helene73
The closest thing I can think of is certain types of visa (only parent ones I thought) you can pay £2k to get fast tracked but you do that right at the beginning not after 18 months. Have you thought about ringing the Australia house help line? It's expensive at £1 per min but if it saves you £2k and stops dodgy agents it could be worth it.

Thank you mitchell I will suggest they do that :)