Medicals Hep B/C??

Guest pixie7

Guest pixie7

AAArrrrrrghhhh! I think Im losing my mind! Help!

Medicals- we're just about to book them and I was all organised and knew what I was doing (:cute:) but I'm losing it! Do we both need Hep b or c? Ive got myself mixed up! (B I think??) Also i have pierced ears do I need the other hep one (C I think!)

Thanku

Guest Steph&Lee

Hi Pixie,

We had our meds not too long ago. They don't count ear piercings (thankfully...as myself and my 2 girls have our ears done!!) its mainly body piercings and tattoos, if you have lots of those they will test for Hep B & C. Otherwise they only test blood for HIV unless you are in the health profession (which I see you're not). I had to have HIV, Hep B & C tested as I am a nurse. But my husband and daughter were only tested for HIV.

Hope this helps!

Steph x

Guest Viksta

Glad you posted this, I was going to do it yesterday but i forgot!! my agent seems to think i need extra bloody as a teacher? i'm trying to find that one out!?

Guest Adelaide_bound
Glad you posted this, I was going to do it yesterday but i forgot!! my agent seems to think i need extra bloody as a teacher? i'm trying to find that one out!?

Eh? Extra blood taken for being a teacher? As it's such a high risk profession. (Actually, scrub that - I've been punched in the face twice, stabbed in the side, spat in the face at and lunged at many many times in only a few years of mainstream school....we don't talk about special needs, that was punchbag and toothmark city....)

But, extra blood because you're (we're) teacher?! Argh, nooooo

Guest Adelaide_bound
No you dont need any extra tests doing as a teacher. Just the one blood test should be done for HIV. Have you booked your meds yet? Where are you having them done?

Lisa ;o)

Thank you - thought it was going to get expensive for being a money grabbing layabout (well, what Gove thinks of us anyway :P )

Guest Viksta

Thanks for that!! it didnt say on the form you did but my agent kept saying we did!! I have no idea why!!! we've not booked ours yet, emailed the clinic but they've not got back to us!! police checks have been sent, i just want the meds done now!! we're down south so will be at maidenhead, if we ever hear back from them!! how is yours going leelee?

Adelaide bound, couldnt agree with you more!!

Guest pixie7

Thanks guys- phew that reduces the cost a little (especially as this money grabbing layabout will not be in school Thursday:nah:!!!)

I was thinking Hep B for both of us and maybe C for me- adelaide bound you sound like you have worked in some scary places!:shocked:

Guest Adelaide_bound
Thanks guys- phew that reduces the cost a little (especially as this money grabbing layabout will not be in school Thursday:nah:!!!)

I was thinking Hep B for both of us and maybe C for me- adelaide bound you sound like you have worked in some scary places!:shocked:

LOL - me too, Pixie, although I'm meant to be on the picket line at 7am, so we will see if I'm actually laying about or not lol.

Some of them were pretty scary, but one of the worst actually was a 'really nice' boys grammar school in Kent - that was way more scary, as it was the attitude of the parents ("Yes well, Robert has been very bored in Business Studies this year" - that's no pigging excuse for lamping me one!!) that got to me....

Anyway, happy we don't have to have lots more blood tests - hurrah! :D