T.r.a

Guest susanmary38

Guest susanmary38

Hi everybody.

Great news today, got my migration skills assessment back and was successful:jiggy:

only sent it off 11th Jan, thank god I did it all correctly, this was supposed to be the hardest part of migrating.

We can now apply for our visas on line with the S.A gov, lets see how hard that can be, has any body got any tips.

Being a tight wad Yorkshire man, I decided to take a chance and sort out the migration myself & save a few bob.

See you all soon I'm off for a few glasses of wine.

Sue n Dave.

P.S did any one watch wanted down under, Adelaide looked great.:jiggy:

Hi everybody.

Great news today, got my migration skills assessment back and was successful:jiggy:

only sent it off 11th Jan, thank god I did it all correctly, this was supposed to be the hardest part of migrating.

We can now apply for our visas on line with the S.A gov, lets see how hard that can be, has any body got any tips.

Being a tight wad Yorkshire man, I decided to take a chance and sort out the migration myself & save a few bob.

See you all soon I'm off for a few glasses of wine.

Sue n Dave.

P.S did any one watch wanted down under, Adelaide looked great.:jiggy:

Hi,

congratulations on the tra, enjoy your wine, I did it myself to ( tight wad man of kent).

Is it sponsorship you are going for next from SA gov?, they dont do visas, the Aus gov does, if it's the right form your filling you must be in the right place:D.

Simon

We have looked at all avenues and think if your TRA is not cut and dried then it is the hardest option. We are going to use an agent. From what ive been told as long as you are still doing the job on your skills list you wont have a problem. Glad you got your TRA back ok and as long as you follow the online guide and even use the helpline you should be fine. Watching the pennys too but as ours is not that simple and it has taken us 2 years to take the plunge i dont want any hick ups.

Did watch wanted down under and loved Adelaide, thats our dilema as we may have to go for a state visa and cant decide on Adelaide or Brisbane. Think a reiki trip is in order (says me who cant fly to spain without a panic attack).

Guest susanmary38

hi soggy

thanks for the reply, yes we are going on a 176 skilled state sponsorship, met the SA gov at the York exhibition, looks like the road we need to go down, I'm 45 end of April so need to hurry things up.

Thanks for the advice.

Dave n Sue

Guest susanmary38

Hi Andi.

thanks for the reply, & ggod look with your journey.

We too have dilly & dallied about for months, but have finally decided to give it a go, we need to get the visa application in before end of April as am 45, we sent the gear off to TRA early January, so cutting things fine,

we too are looking to do a rekki next year, also if visas come through we can validate them before deciding to move or not.

Good luck

Dave N Sue

Guest jetskitony

Hi,

congtatulations thats the worse bit over,we have done it ourselves got sponsered by SA as well,we sent of visa in december now just waiting,we have done it ourselves and with help from the forums so if you need any help just ask.good luck.

Myrtle,Tony,Callum.

Hi Sue

Thanks for your reply. Im a Company Secretary / Office Manager, boring stuff really just accounts, payroll admin etc although not really looking for too much work for myself (well thats the plan until i see a house out of our price range). OT is an Electrical Installations Engineer (Npower for 17 years) but has recently started working for SKY in UK (Foxel in Oz as owned by same company) and loves it and wants to do same in Oz. To be honest its all big TV's, surround sound and lots of sport but thats men and their toys. We are just starting out the process, how are you doing.

Guest susanmary38

hi.

we decided to look at a move to Oz last September, been to exhibition in York, got loads of ideas, sent of TRA in January, just got my successful assessment back & are over the moon, will now apply for state sponsorship on line before the weekend is over, we are taking a bit of a gamble doing all ourselves, but the money we are saving by not using an agent is worth the gamble, & there is loads of friendly people on here who can offer good advice, need to get things sorted by April this year as I'm 45 & thats the cut off age.

Good luck Dave n Sue