Medicals and crb checks before gaining an invitation

SwanseaJack

I don't know which visa that is under the new visa applications.

It used to be your visa clock started ticking from when you had your medical or police check (whichever was first). So the time you had to activate it began then and ran for a year from that date, not from when the visa was actually granted. Usually the CO would ask for them when they were ready. Some people front loaded them but the process was not by invitation then. I'm not sure what their process is now or if it would be of any use if you've not yet been invited to apply.

Also, in the worse case scenario you may not get an invite and would have splashed the cash on them.

My visa is different to yours but I don't plan on getting my medical or police check till mu CO requests them. I need/want the time at the end as my visa can take about 6-8 months to come through and having the medical etc too soon might not leave me enough time at the end to be ready to move. I don't plan on taking a visa activation trip so need a good few months left on my activation time.

Guest bubbe2005
Hi all

Like so many people we are waiting for an invitation from SA for a 190 visa, been told it's going to be at least 12weeks. So we were wandering could we get our medicals and crb checks done before gaining an invitation????

If you can give me an answer great. The waiting is so hard

Kathy

I will getting my UK ACRO done and my US FBI checks done. But will wait AFTER the invite to book my medicals.