Guide Me (noob): Questions about Visa

Guest sid1110

Guest sid1110

Hi everyone!

I am Sid. I and my wife will be moving in to Adelaide in June/July, 2013. My wife is getting into university for post graduation course. I have few question. Answers will be much helpful to me..

1) My wife will have a student visa, can she work for a part time?

2) I will be granted a dependent visa, can anybody tell me how many hours are granted for work per week?

Thank you,

-sid

Guest sid1110

[h=2]Higher Education Sector: Temporary Visa (Subclass 573) - Assessment Level 3[/h]

This visa is designed for international students applying to study in Australia and whose main course of study is one of the following:

• Bachelor degree
  • associate degree
  • graduate certificate
  • graduate diploma
  • Masters by coursework
  • Higher Education diploma
  • Higher Education advanced diploma.

[h=2]Who is this visa for?[/h] This visa is for you if you want to do one of the following:

• apply for your first student visa
  • apply for subsequent student visa
  • apply to join a family member who is in Australia on a student visa.

If you are applying in Australia for this visa, you must either be the current holder of a qualifying visa or have held a certain visa no more than 28 days prior to lodging your application.

See: Qualifying Visas for Student Visas

[h=2]How much will this visa cost?[/h] You must pay a non-refundable visa application charge when you lodge your visa application.

See: Visa Charges ( 84KB PDF file)

[h=2]What does the visa let me do?[/h] [h=2][/h]With this visa:

• you can study in Australia
  • eligible dependant family members can accompany you to Australia
  • when you have commenced your course of study in Australia, you can work up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks.
  • your family members can work up to 40 hours per fortnight provided you have commenced your course of study in Australia. If you are doing a postgraduate course, such as a Masters degree, your family members can work unlimited hours once you commence this course.
    Note: If you have been granted Student visa before 26 April 2008 you and your dependent family members may need to apply separately for Permission to Work.
    See: How to Apply for Permission to Work
  • your partner can study in Australia for up to three months.
    Note: If your partner wants to study for more than three months they must apply for their own student visa. The application can be made in Australia.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is the answer..

-Sid