Sign in to follow this  
Guest sid1110

Guide Me (noob): Questions about Visa

    Recommended Posts

    Guest sid1110

    Hi everyone!


    I am Sid. I and my wife will be moving in to Adelaide in June/July, 2013. My wife is getting into university for post graduation course. I have few question. Answers will be much helpful to me..


    1) My wife will have a student visa, can she work for a part time?

    2) I will be granted a dependent visa, can anybody tell me how many hours are granted for work per week?



    Thank you,


    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    That info should be in all the blurb of the visa application. Hopefully someone will be along who might be able to tell you. In the meantime check the Aus immigration website and read up on the visa type.

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest sid1110

    Hi Snifter!

    Thank you for the information.

    Will definitely go through the immigration website.



    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest sid1110

    [h=2]Higher Education Sector: Temporary Visa (Subclass 573) - Assessment Level 3[/h]

    This visa is designed for international students applying to study in Australia and whose main course of study is one of the following:



    • Bachelor degree
    • associate degree
    • graduate certificate
    • graduate diploma
    • Masters by coursework
    • Higher Education diploma
    • Higher Education advanced diploma.

    [h=2]Who is this visa for?[/h] This visa is for you if you want to do one of the following:


    • apply for your first student visa
    • apply for subsequent student visa
    • apply to join a family member who is in Australia on a student visa.

    If you are applying in Australia for this visa, you must either be the current holder of a qualifying visa or have held a certain visa no more than 28 days prior to lodging your application.

    See: Qualifying Visas for Student Visas

    [h=2]How much will this visa cost?[/h] You must pay a non-refundable visa application charge when you lodge your visa application.

    See: Visa Charges ( 84KB PDF file)

    [h=2]What does the visa let me do?[/h] [h=2][/h]With this visa:



    • you can study in Australia
    • eligible dependant family members can accompany you to Australia
    • when you have commenced your course of study in Australia, you can work up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks.
    • your family members can work up to 40 hours per fortnight provided you have commenced your course of study in Australia. If you are doing a postgraduate course, such as a Masters degree, your family members can work unlimited hours once you commence this course.
      Note: If you have been granted Student visa before 26 April 2008 you and your dependent family members may need to apply separately for Permission to Work.
      See: How to Apply for Permission to Work
    • your partner can study in Australia for up to three months.
      Note: If your partner wants to study for more than three months they must apply for their own student visa. The application can be made in Australia.




    I think this is the answer..


    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    Sign in to follow this