No communication received from IMMI and now application has been cancelled

Guest Barham

Guest Barham

I have recently received an email from skillselect informing me that my visa application had been cancelled. However, I am frustrated by the fact that I have not received one item of communication from the inmigration department handling my application.

When I first submitted my application online, there was an error message that said the link to the medicals had timed out and would not connect. I sent an email to skillselect informing them of the error and I received an email back saying that someone would be in touch shortly. That was the last time I received any communication regarding my application until last week and I was notified of the cancellation of my application.

I have had my medicals carried out and they should have been passed on to immigration. However, I have not received any confirmation that this was received. Since receiving this notification, I have contacted Austalia House in London, emailed skillselect and called the helpline number for immigration in Australia. It was on calling this number that I was informed that I had not responded to their emails. However, I keep all emails regarding my immigration process and I have sent a screenshot of all my emails received through to immigration, plus a copy of the only email I have received from them and a screen shots of messages I have posted on here regarding obtaining advice about medicals, etc because of the error during my application.

I am aware that if my application has been cancelled, I will have to reapply. However, as I feel this is of no fault of my own I was wondering if it was possible to get my application fee refunded? Can anyone advise if this is possible or who I need to contact in order to arrange/request this?

Mad you can imagine, both myself and my family are extremely upset by this turn of events and we are desperate to be able to rescue something something from this turn of events.

Guest ingyfikry

It seems that they cancelled your application since they did not recieve medicals (from their point of view).

If you are unable to reach a solution by mail phone etc, I would suggest that you contact a MARA registered agent to help you sort out the mess. We had a really super agent if you need one. They will definetely tell you if it is possible to refund anything.

If all your paperwork is in order till the medicals stage, then this is really hard to accept and I would really suggest that you try to sort it out and try and apply through a good agent since you were nearly at the finish line :(

Off the immigration website: "There are limited circumstances in which the visa application charge can be refunded. "

from http://www.immi.gov.au/fees-charges/faqs-clients.htm

The medicals system is a nightmare. Following our invite, I tried to book the medicals online using their system, my details accepted no problems however it crashed when entering my wife's details. From that point onwards it remained corrupt, the medical centre would not book via phone etc etc. fortunately our very on the ball agent Thames Migration knew who to speak to and had the application reset.

S

I am not an agent so have no idea but if they have rejected your visa application you should have a right to appeal. Like the other poster says contact an agent asap it may be cheaper than applying again.

Also check your junk folder to see if the emails ended up there

I have recently received an email from skillselect informing me that my visa application had been cancelled. However, I am frustrated by the fact that I have not received one item of communication from the inmigration department handling my application.

When I first submitted my application online, there was an error message that said the link to the medicals had timed out and would not connect. I sent an email to skillselect informing them of the error and I received an email back saying that someone would be in touch shortly. That was the last time I received any communication regarding my application until last week and I was notified of the cancellation of my application.

I have had my medicals carried out and they should have been passed on to immigration. However, I have not received any confirmation that this was received. Since receiving this notification, I have contacted Austalia House in London, emailed skillselect and called the helpline number for immigration in Australia. It was on calling this number that I was informed that I had not responded to their emails. However, I keep all emails regarding my immigration process and I have sent a screenshot of all my emails received through to immigration, plus a copy of the only email I have received from them and a screen shots of messages I have posted on here regarding obtaining advice about medicals, etc because of the error during my application.

I am aware that if my application has been cancelled, I will have to reapply. However, as I feel this is of no fault of my own I was wondering if it was possible to get my application fee refunded? Can anyone advise if this is possible or who I need to contact in order to arrange/request this?

Mad you can imagine, both myself and my family are extremely upset by this turn of events and we are desperate to be able to rescue something something from this turn of events.

Visa applications cannot be cancelled by immigration. Did you have your visas refused?

If you want me to have a look at your case send an email to: visa@pinoyau.com

This might be of interest;

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has sent all registered migration agents (RMAs) in Australia some information about changes that have been and are being made to the immigration health system.

All migration agents should take note of the following alterations.

First, the eMedical offshore rollout has just completed its main phase, and 100 countries are now online.

The eMedical system was developed by the DIAC in conjunction with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), and will be used by approved panel physicians or radiologists to process examinations in both Australia and Canada.

It has been designed to replace the eHealth system, and is now available in all previous eHealth locations. As of June 30, no new cases will be processed on the eHealth system, except for those that are already in progress.

Guest Barham

This is what I have received, I have made a mistake, it refers to my EOI and not specifically my visa application. However, when I spoke to someone at diac she made it sound like my whole application had been removed.

Your SkillSelect EOI has been ceased

This letter refers to your Expression of Interest (EOI) submitted in the SkillSelect system.

Your EOI has now been ceased. Reasons that your EOI has been ceased may include:

You have been granted a visa

You have been refused a visa

You have withdrawn a visa application

You have not actioned two invitations that your EOI has received

Your EOI has been cancelled by DIAC

As your EOI has ceased, it has now been removed from the SkillSelect database.

This is the only information I have received and I can no longer access my SkillSelect page. In answer to another point, I did regularly check my junk folder and there were never any emails in there either regarding my application.

Guest Auspom 246

However, as I feel this is of no fault of my own I was wondering if it was possible to get my application fee refunded? Can anyone advise if this is possible or who I need to contact in order to arrange/request this?

Hi Barham, I applied as an ex-resident after calling immigration and advising them that at the time of application I was 45. They advised me that if I write a letter explaining why I hadn't applied to return before my 45th birthday the assessor would look at this and make a judgement. I waited 6 months to hear and then received a letter from them advising that as I was already 45 at the time of application that it has been declined. As I was trying to return to be with my now husband I requested that the fee paid for the ex-resident visa be used for the new partner visa. This was denied. They advised that when a visa has been denied the fee is non refundable. I explained the phone call the date and time of call but they would not refund or use the amount paid which was £1800 for the new application. :nah: Saying that with the information you have ie emails ect I would hope that you are more successful that I was. I paid for the new visa as my husband and I just want to be together. Good luck :yes:

However, as I feel this is of no fault of my own I was wondering if it was possible to get my application fee refunded? Can anyone advise if this is possible or who I need to contact in order to arrange/request this?

Hi Barham, I applied as an ex-resident after calling immigration and advising them that at the time of application I was 45. They advised me that if I write a letter explaining why I hadn't applied to return before my 45th birthday the assessor would look at this and make a judgement. I waited 6 months to hear and then received a letter from them advising that as I was already 45 at the time of application that it has been declined. As I was trying to return to be with my now husband I requested that the fee paid for the ex-resident visa be used for the new partner visa. This was denied. They advised that when a visa has been denied the fee is non refundable. I explained the phone call the date and time of call but they would not refund or use the amount paid which was £1800 for the new application. :nah: Saying that with the information you have ie emails ect I would hope that you are more successful that I was. I paid for the new visa as my husband and I just want to be together. Good luck :yes:

Do not take migration advice from DIAC officers. For the most part they are not qualified to give it and they face no consequences for being wrong.

Guest Auspom 246
wow that seems a bit harsh. Wasn't there an appeals process you could have tried? For the visa I mean,not the refund!

Hi freesia, no there was no point as they said they could not locate the call ect.. and that the rules state upto 45 years old. Just wanted Barham to know that the chances of a refund are minimal.