495 - lowest of the low!

Guest Nick11

Guest Nick11

To cut a long story short!

Was told yesterday by a 136 permanent visa holder that people who came over here on a 495 would soon have to leave! They knew a 495 holder who was an electrician by trade who had been told he wouldn't get pr as there were 'too many electricians over here already!'

People that use this visa are basically off their rocker and the lowest of the low!

They told us that 495s stood no chance of getting a mortgage and firb approval was often refused!!!!!!!

I took great delight in telling her we got firb approval in 5 days and as for getting a mortgage - we didn't need one!!! Look on her face was priceless.

Plus she didn't realise that nearly all the people listening to her were on 495 visas!

How I kept my mouth shut and didn't deck her one is beyond me.

How can supposedly 'intelligent people' peddle this rubbish and expect people to believe them!

As this couple said goodbye one guy chirped up (whos on a 495) - might not see you again as they might have kicked me out of the country.

Okay - rant over

Feeling much better now!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nick11
No mate.

Lowest of the low are those, regardless of visa class, who allow their children roam freely around unsupervised and getting into trouble and thereby giving the rest of Brit community a bad name.

You're not a happy bunny then?

Guest sarahsmartiepants
No mate.

Lowest of the low are those, regardless of visa class, who allow their children roam freely around unsupervised and getting into trouble and thereby giving the rest of Brit community a bad name.

hear hear! One walked across in front of the car the other day expecting us to stop! Then shouted W***** at my hubby in a northern english accent! We should have shouted back P*** off back you pom!!! In out best aussie acccent!

sarah

Guest Libby1971

:err: What are some people thinking of when they open their mouths? Clearly nothing much at all except about how to look like the same sh*t that's coming out!

I am impressed at your control Nick. Is this someone you plan on seeing again?

And why can't some parents work it out that their kids should have been left at the check in desk instead of being brought over here. Most of the poms have moved out here to get away from horrible little bu**ers. At the very least check up on them.

:arghh::arghh:

Libby

Guest Nick11
Any stamp that gets you there is a quality visa, end off. ;)

Pete

That's very true. However this couple thought they were sooooooooo above everyone else by virtue of having a 136. Have to admit that's the first time we've come across it.

By the end of the night they were sat by themselves!!! Wonder why!!

Guest Nick11
hear hear! One walked across in front of the car the other day expecting us to stop! Then shouted W***** at my hubby in a northern english accent! We should have shouted back P*** off back you pom!!! In out best aussie acccent!

sarah

The only anti social behaviour we've come across is a load of geordie lads giving the staff at Mcdonalds grief at Happy Valley. However they did hold the door open for customers as they were shouting abuse - so they can't be all bad!!!!!!

Guest donna T

From one lowest of the low to another - bugger that:arghh:

Where do people get off thinking they are better than others by way of the visa they hold. Unbelievable! I am surprised that you held your temper - I seriously hope they have seen the error of their ways and will stop this nonsense now!

It's hard enough on a 495 not knowing quite what is round the corner and having no govt support without these rumours as well.

Donna x

Guest Nick11
From one lowest of the low to another - bugger that:arghh:

Where do people get off thinking they are better than others by way of the visa they hold. Unbelievable! I am surprised that you held your temper - I seriously hope they have seen the error of their ways and will stop this nonsense now!

It's hard enough on a 495 not knowing quite what is round the corner and having no govt support without these rumours as well.

Donna x

Snobbery of the visas!!!!!

Shall we invite them to our next bbq mate!!!!

Apparently they're finding it hard to make friends!!!! Wonder why!!!

Just got your message mate - but can't talk as my ear has gone competley now

I'M DEAF AS A DOORPOST!

Guest cunnah10
To cut a long story short!

Was told yesterday by a 136 permanent visa holder that people who came over here on a 495 would soon have to leave! They knew a 495 holder who was an electrician by trade who had been told he wouldn't get pr as there were 'too many electricians over here already!'

People that use this visa are basically off their rocker and the lowest of the low!

They told us that 495s stood no chance of getting a mortgage and firb approval was often refused!!!!!!!

I took great delight in telling her we got firb approval in 5 days and as for getting a mortgage - we didn't need one!!! Look on her face was priceless.

Plus she didn't realise that nearly all the people listening to her were on 495 visas!

How I kept my mouth shut and didn't deck her one is beyond me.

How can supposedly 'intelligent people' peddle this rubbish and expect people to believe them!

As this couple said goodbye one guy chirped up (whos on a 495) - might not see you again as they might have kicked me out of the country.

Okay - rant over

Feeling much better now!

Got me all worried again now that remark about the temp 495 visa!

Wouldn't we all love to go straight out with a permanent secure visa!

Hard enough giving everything up here to go off to the other side of the world on a temporary 3 year visa (especially with 4 kids in tow).

Worse nightmare would be to be sent back to the UK without a chance of even applying for permanent residency!

My OH is a telecom engineer and we know before we get there that there is a major problem in the Telecom Industry in Adelaide and highly unlikely he will get work in this field!So could they tell us to go back to UK in time saying we don't need Telecom Guys?????

How many of you guys have done your time on the 495 and actually got your permanent(or have none of you been there long enough yet?)

Stupid woman got me all wobbly again now!But i'm still on a mission we are still going ahead with it all!i am not backing out again!Hubby would definately divorce me this time!!!!

Gill

sarah

Hi There

Im sure you get gobby kids with every accent not just northern! :wacko: Theres bad places and crap parents every where you live just gotta concentrate on how you bring up your own.

Kimberley x

Guest Nick11

Hard enough giving everything up here to go off to the other side of the world on a temporary 3 year visa (especially with 4 kids in tow).

Worse nightmare would be to be sent back to the UK without a chance of even applying for permanent residency!

My OH is a telecom engineer and we know before we get there that there is a major problem in the Telecom Industry in Adelaide and highly unlikely he will get work in this field!So could they tell us to go back to UK in time saying we don't need Telecom Guys?????

How many of you guys have done your time on the 495 and actually got your permanent(or have none of you been there long enough yet?)

Stupid woman got me all wobbly again now!But i'm still on a mission we are still going ahead with it all!i am not backing out again!Hubby would definately divorce me this time!!!!

Gill

DON'T WORRY.

I was talking to the head of sa immigration about this. We were worried about them changing the goal posts.

She said that sa desperately need more people and if anything they will be making it easier to get in. Did we really think the ozzie government was going to ship back somewhere in the region of 5 thousand families - could you imagine the uproar!

Just as long as you're actively contributing to sa society - eg working, law abbiding etc - you'll be fine.

Guest cunnah10
DON'T WORRY.

I was talking to the head of sa immigration about this. We were worried about them changing the goal posts.

She said that sa desperately need more people and if anything they will be making it easier to get in. Did we really think the ozzie government was going to ship back somewhere in the region of 5 thousand families - could you imagine the uproar!

Just as long as you're actively contributing to sa society - eg working, law abbiding etc - you'll be fine.

phew!!!

Thanks for reply

Gill

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi There

Im sure you get gobby kids with every accent not just northern! :wacko: Theres bad places and crap parents every where you live just gotta concentrate on how you bring up your own.

Kimberley x

I am sure you do get gobby kids with every accent, it is unfortunate however that the gobby kids I am talking about happen to have a very prominent accent, that is recognisable as a particular part of england that happens to be in the north. :wacko:

sarah

Guest soggy

Gill

there is now no need to work in the skill you used to apply for the visa, as long as you work for one year full time and can prove you are supporting yourself and contribute to society with out getting in trouble with police, tax man ect you will be fine. I had a chat with SA immigration about this before I had a change in career.

Simon:D:D

Guest TheDeansDownUnder

I am sooooo sorry to ask................ but what is so wrong with then north?

Sarah, what is so prominent with the Northern accent?:wacko:

Every region i have lived in, either Uk or Australia has accents, i'm just wondering why the northern areas ALWAYS get slated?

Leanne xxx:mad::wubclub:

Guest Django

Every region i have lived in, either Uk or Australia has accents, i'm just wondering why the northern areas ALWAYS get slated?

Sarah didn't say anything was wrong with it. She just happened to mention it was very prominent ie was obvious to her they were English because of their strong accents. No hidden agenda just stating facts by the way I read it.

Pete

Do you want a ladder for that high horse you're on?

The North wasn't slated AT ALL!!

Read the previous posts again and maybe you'll realise what was said - That the annoying feral kid that stepped in front of their car and shouted expletives at them had

a very obvious Northern English accent, hence they knew he was English! The problem is feral kids, NOT anyone that happens to come from the North.

Jeez!

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Hooray for Ben and Pete!!!

Someone who can read a post and understand it properly...I can only imagine the ones who have not maybe have a chip on their shoulder or something to take what I wrote the wrong way, to make them get all protective.