will we make friends

Guest kellyjamie

Guest kellyjamie

Hi guys, daft title i know but when we went to brissy on our reccie we made some wonderful life long friends and thought thats where we would settle but now turning to Adelaide im worried at moving there not knowing anyone! i know we will have to put ourselves out there to make friends, but how have you all found it? we are very social people and love a get to gether i would hate to be isolated and have no friends?

thanks kelly

Guest back clan

I am sure you will make friends and am sure everyone moving feels the same way. We are flying out on 1st Sept and can't wait but would be happy to meet up.

Good luck with everything

Guest sandar1

Having lived in both places, Brissy is much easier to make friends simply because anywhere in the world I have been I have found the queenslanders in general so much more layed back and easy to get along with they truly are lovely people. Adelaide is a city where you will have to work at making friends, but if you made a lot of friends in queensland and are outgoing I am sure it will take you no time at all. Personally I keep myself busy at dance classes, the Irish Club is good, the Grace Emily, once you get involved in clubs etcetera you'll make friends, also if you have kids I think it is easier. The Poms in Adelaide group have get togethers also anyway if you wish to keep in touch I would be happy to meet up with you when you arrive.

All the best.

Sandra D

Guest Greg & Dani

Hey guys, we only arrived a week ago and have been busy with organising TFN and medicare etc stuff really. We met a lot of people already and they are all very friendly, we never experienced this in the UK or anywhere else really. I don't think you'll have problems to meet people and make friends. If you fancy it give us a shout when you get here and we'll meet you for a schooner or 2 ;)

All the best guys,

Greg & Dani.

Guest LISA 79

Hi kelly

my name is lisa we moved over in nov last year and ive met some lovely people on the site.a new move is always hard at first but you always get through it.

When you get setteled just let me know and we could meet up for a coffee.

Ive got two little boys so if you have kids that would be great for them to start and get to no other children......

I have found the queenslanders in general so much more layed back and easy to get along with they truly are lovely people. Adelaide is a city where you will have to work at making friends,

Isn't it funny how people's experiences differ so much! I have found the complete opposite - found the people in Queensland generally very much kept themselves to themselves - perhaps because they are used to more tourists, I'm not sure - and the people in Adelaide so friendly that sometimes you take much longer to do your shopping than you planned because everyone has the time and interest to chat to you! Even our visitors have commented on how friendly everyone one is here, so don't worry, South Australians are the best people in Australia!

Diane

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest75

Be outgoing,even to the point of "selling yourself"

Certainly have a go at the Aussies.

They are one reason we moved here and honestly cannot understand negative comments about them.

They are my mainstay of friends here.

I was in a spot regarding a repair today,an Aussie mate heard about it - turned up and did it without any expectation of payment.

It takes time.

The initial people you meet may not be your long term friends.

It's a process we all go through ( says he that has had a few spats):arghh:

Guest smit
Be outgoing,even to the point of "selling yourself"

Certainly have a go at the Aussies.

They are one reason we moved here and honestly cannot understand negative comments about them.

They are my mainstay of friends here.

I was in a spot regarding a repair today,an Aussie mate heard about it - turned up and did it without any expectation of payment.

It takes time.

The initial people you meet may not be your long term friends.

It's a process we all go through ( says he that has had a few spats):arghh:

a 'massive' spat was that;)