Tour Down Under

richjop

Richard was up and off to Burnside for the 6am start today because he rode the Tour Down Under route, had a wonderful day taking in all the beautiful sites that Adelaide has to offer and ended up in Angaston-he's now sitting down thinking of getting a well deserved beer but too tired to get up. I took the far more leisurely option of going to the start of the proper race, kids had a great time, its the secomd time Ben has been to a big event because the Tour de France came through Tonbridge in Kent near where we lived, but that didn't compare to today. Great atmosphere, really close to the riders, loads of freebies, what a great place we live in!!! We're off to watch at Snapper Point/Willunga Hill tomorrow, may even see some fellow Brits there!!!

Richard was up and off to Burnside for the 6am start today because he rode the Tour Down Under route, had a wonderful day taking in all the beautiful sites that Adelaide has to offer and ended up in Angaston-he's now sitting down thinking of getting a well deserved beer but too tired to get up. I took the far more leisurely option of going to the start of the proper race, kids had a great time, its the secomd time Ben has been to a big event because the Tour de France came through Tonbridge in Kent near where we lived, but that didn't compare to today. Great atmosphere, really close to the riders, loads of freebies, what a great place we live in!!! We're off to watch at Snapper Point/Willunga Hill tomorrow, may even see some fellow Brits there!!!

My cousin was up there this morning at 5.30 giving out water to the riders. Her daughter and son in law also took part (they must have the sporty genes on their side lol). Hoping to get to willunga on monday to see some of it, want to send some pics to my dad who loved cycling and was an avid tour de france watcher:wacko:. Have a great time tomorrow xx

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hey a fellow rider!

It was my first tour and I completed the 32k Angaston to Angaston - a short ride compared to your hubby but I'm a novice at all this....

I throughly enjoyed every minute of it and the crowds cheering us all on was amazing.

Even considering uping to 97k next year!

Off to see the final leg tomorrow can't wait!

Even got Hannah doing the mini kids tour last Sunday at Rymill park which was good fun.

This is what we came to Adelaide for!

:wubclub:

Guest The Shepherds

Hi

We're applying to emigrate now, hoping to be in Adelaide for xmas 09. Been watching the tour on Sky to see more of Adelaide and because I ride, will be riding some of the tour next year and looking forward to seeing it live too. Having seen the Tour de France live a couple of times, last year we were in Narbonne it just doesn't compare to the tv.

We can't wait to get going, the waiting bit is hard and it seems to be lasting for ever. Planning on settling south of the city in the Mclaren Vale / Moana area. Any tips before we make the move?

icon14.gif James (41), Kim (36), Max (10), Harry (8) & Libby (2)

Hi

We're applying to emigrate now, hoping to be in Adelaide for xmas 09. Been watching the tour on Sky to see more of Adelaide and because I ride, will be riding some of the tour next year and looking forward to seeing it live too. Having seen the Tour de France live a couple of times, last year we were in Narbonne it just doesn't compare to the tv.

We can't wait to get going, the waiting bit is hard and it seems to be lasting for ever. Planning on settling south of the city in the Mclaren Vale / Moana area. Any tips before we make the move?

icon14.gif James (41), Kim (36), Max (10), Harry (8) & Libby (2)

Wee in Seaford just up the raod from Moana....anmy questions fire away....or just drop me a PM i will try my best to answer any questions that you may have.