hello everyone

Guest Bather's

Guest Bather's

Hi there everyone,

im still very new to posting, please be patient with me!! I have lots of questions and im sure there will be many more!!:arghh:

I have been reading on the internet lists of things that need to be done 6 months before you emigrate, one the things being registering for a school.

im a bit lost as i have seen lots of schools but not sure then about propertys or jobs near by.....

Can anyone shed any light on this and give me some advise?

We will be arriving in Adelaide in Jan ready for the new school year, but again im not sure how this will affect getting my son Kian(7) into a good school.

As you can tell im starting to panic :wacko: alot!!

I have also read that it is really easy to get about in adelaide from the cost to the city. Is this correct? One of the schools that has stood out is in O'Sullivan Beach SA, Australia. Is this a good area to raise familiy? And wondering if i end up working in the city what sort of travel time i would be looking at. I commute for 1hr to work at the moment

Can anyone advise what sort of rents we would be looking at for houses arround here? We currently pay £445 for a 2 bed house 30mins from Manchester.

Am i being realistic thinking we will get somewhere for a similar rent? Can you organise somewhere to rent while still living in the UK?

Im sorry to go on but just not sure what to do next

Danielle

Guest mez10

Danielle,

Not sure on the O'Sullivan beach area, but we have been hear 3weeks and we e-mailed several schools to arrange visits before we came over. We took the kids round and we all agreed on one. The Headmaster told us that if we find that the kids don't like the school in the future then we can just apply to another one.

If you're arriving in Jan the schools will be on holiday until the end of Jan. But you do have up to 3months to get your kids into a school.

I work in the Kilburn area (North of the City) and we will be renting in Flagstaff Hill area. It takes 40min in the morning to get to work. I used to travel over an hour in the UK up and down the M1. The A13 here is breeze.

Darren, Janet

Guest Roo1

O'Sullivans Beach is one of the earliest suburbs established here in the south of Adelaide and is also has its fair share of rented housing trust properties. Unfortuantly too for O'Sullivans Beach you also have lots of construction going on for the new de-salination plant. Thats not to say that there are some nice areas in O'sullivans Beach too, like all suburbs there are pros and cons to the area but its best you go and have a ride round the area before you make any major decisions.

Next suburb along is Christies Beach, this is a up and coming area, where a lot of people are investing in houses and business and here you can catch the train into the city. Trains from here take about 35 mins to the city.

Also look at Port Noarlunga too.

Rent for a 3 bed house is around $295pw plus in this area, again depending on type of house, quality, location etc

Have you checked out www.realestate.com.au in the rental section?

Best of luck with the move :cute:

Judi x

Guest Squareman

In terms of schools, I recently visited Semaphore, Brighton and Glenelg primary schools and they didn't require any advance notice to for my 6 year old to start school. All three have space to accommodate him and they said we should just give the a call when we arrive

'No worries' being the operative term.......

Hey there,

I would suggest looking at web sites like my school.com.au

this will give a little look at the standards of education across the board.

When we first arrived we sent our children to a great school called West Lake Shore primary.

You could pre plan visits to your favorite schools from the web sites for when the school reopens in Feb. Also I would just chill out on the beach for a couple of days, take the kids to the fun fair at Semephore, get over your jet lag have some fun until feb comes.

We have settled in the Western parts of Adelaide, where we have the port adelaide river Dolphins playing out side my home, wonderful life and I wouldnt swap it for toffee.

i hope you have a great time here too, good luck Laura xx