Hi

Guest daverutharcher

Guest daverutharcher

Hi all

I would like to introduce ourselves to this very helpful forum. we are the Archer's Ruth (30) Dave (35) Louis (7) and Jacob (4)

At the moment we live in Crewe Cheshire but sometime in the very near future want to move to Adelaide.

Dave is an Elctrician and is busy revising for his vetasess assessment which is in 2 weeks!!!!! everything will be crossed that he passes then it will be all systems go.

We have never been to Adeladie so advice will be very much appriciated on anything from the cost of living, family suburbs with good school's, resettling making new friends and all importanly how easy will it be for Dave to find a electricians job?

Hope to hear from someone soon or a family in a similar situation to us :)

Hiya and welcome :)

I'd suggest having a read round of certain areas of the forums, doing a few searches and you'll find some recent topics on schools, areas to live, work and everything else. I'm sure you'll find a fair bit to help you there and it'll help to starting to answer your questions.

Things like where to live, depends who you ask. I like areas most people never really seem to suggest. Perhaps its just the type of house or something I prefer :cute:

I think you need to have a more specific list. What sort of area you would like, as in beach or don't mind out of the city a bit, price range, commute/drive/public transport and so on. As for schools, again, depending on the areas you are looking into, you can read about the schools.

As I said, I think spending a bit of time reading some school/location stuff around the forum will give you more of a starting point :)

Guest Cara&Gav

Hiya,

Welcome to the forum, it is such a friendly helpful forum.

My husband Gavin is a plasterer, we started our journey in Aug 2010. We did an AQFIII qualification in solid plastering and then got the skills assessment from the TRA just before xmas. I say 'we' because I did all the paperwork & research lol We just got accepted for our state sponsorship last week and lodged our visa today! We did the AQF & skills assessments on our own but have used Go Matilda migration agents (used by a lot of people on here) for the state sponsorship & visa. Mostly just because we wanted to be sure and we had a few questions we wanted to ask. It took a lot of the stress out which has been lovely!

Anyway, look forward to getting to know you.

When are you hoping to go out? We should be going about this time next year. We have never even been to Oz so are just taking the plunge!

Cara x

Guest daverutharcher
Hiya,

Welcome to the forum, it is such a friendly helpful forum.

My husband Gavin is a plasterer, we started our journey in Aug 2010. We did an AQFIII qualification in solid plastering and then got the skills assessment from the TRA just before xmas. I say 'we' because I did all the paperwork & research lol We just got accepted for our state sponsorship last week and lodged our visa today! We did the AQF & skills assessments on our own but have used Go Matilda migration agents (used by a lot of people on here) for the state sponsorship & visa. Mostly just because we wanted to be sure and we had a few questions we wanted to ask. It took a lot of the stress out which has been lovely!

Anyway, look forward to getting to know you.

When are you hoping to go out? We should be going about this time next year. We have never even been to Oz so are just taking the plunge!

Cara x

Hi Cara,

Wow it all happened quick for you. It sure is a mixed bag of emotions isn't it? We used the Emigration group to help us with the whole process and they have been really good.I'm not sure when we are going to move out there Dave had got to pass the vetasess so I suppose it all depends on how long it takes for us to get our visas the sooner the better!!! So in the meantime it's research all the time there's so much to take in I'm just looking at suburbs at the moment. Sorry I do waffle alot. Where are you up to with the research? It's nice to get to know people going through the same experience hope to hear from you soon

Take care

Ruth xxx

Hi there and welcome!

There is plenty of work for electricians. I have two families with me at the moment and both have migrated here under skilled migration as electricians. One was working within a week of arriving.

If you have a look on the web site www.realestate.com.au there are property suburb satisfaction ratings.

Tamara

Guest Guest5035

There is plenty of work for electricians. I have two families with me at the moment and both have migrated here under skilled migration as electricians. One was working within a week of arriving.

Tamara

working as a full blown sparkie??

stevo

Hi there, We are just waiting for our meds to get to Aus but im an electrician and also done the vets tests. Tell your other half not to worry, if hes a half decent sparks he will sail through the test as its just the basics. Tell him to brush up on wiring DOL starters though. If he has any questions about the tests tell him to Pm me and i will be happy to help. Oh and sparkies wages are about $30-35 per hour from my investigations so not bad atall. Good luck.

One more thing, once you have your visa bin the vets route and get re tested down the TRA/ARTC route. This means that you do not have to work as a trade assistant for 6 months. You can book in at the PEER collage and do distance learning once you have the ARTC certificate from here and when you arrive in Aus just sit a 2 week wiring regs course and then get your A class straight away. Have a look at the British expats forum under the electricians threads for further info. Like i said just PM me if you need any help.