Hello

Guest sherbear320

Guest sherbear320

Hi,

I posted and then realised I hadn't introduced myself!! I'm Sherry and my OH is Fred, we have a three year old called Zach! We want to move to SA in two years as OH is doing some HE quals at the moment!!

I'm a secondary school teacher teaching ICT, am doing a HE Dip in Physics!! Changed careers to teaching as I've always loved training and lecturing at Uni and after having Zach worked as a school librarian, I now I'm mad but teaching secondary is the best job in the world!!

We wanna move to the countryside or down the coast, everyone says that's weird, but I've never been known for being sane!!!

Our only concern really about emigrating is whether Fred's disability, he's paraplegic from an accident will stop us getting in, cost to country and all that!!!

Any who hi!!!

Guest andylynnchriskirst

Welcome to Poms In Adelaide Sherry, Fred and Zach!

This forum has been a great help for our family, and the members are brilliant!

Good luck with your journey!

The Horn Family

xxx

Guest moonraker1959

Hi and welcome!Have you considered the services of a migration agent to help with advice re Fred's disability?Might be a good starting point.Best wishes and good luck with your future plans!

Guest sherbear320
Hi and welcome!Have you considered the services of a migration agent to help with advice re Fred's disability?Might be a good starting point.Best wishes and good luck with your future plans!

Anyone know a good agent? Scary to invest a load of money on someone you don't know from Adam!!

Guest moonraker1959

Hi Sherry,sorry I can't recommend a good agent as I've never used one,have you had a look on this forum in the "Migration and Visa's"section?You might have to scroll through a few threads to find what you're looking for!xx

Guest Shmaggle

Hi sherbear, there are some agents recommended in the migration section. You should be able to have an initial free chat with an agent so they give you an idea of whether it is worth applying or not, they then email a list of services they provide and the cost. If it is a straightforward 'no chance' they should be able to tell you straight away. I do hope it isn't a no though ( my mum was paraplegic, my hackles rise at discrimination!). I don't know if there is owt on the DIAC website about medical criteria? Good luck!

Guest dondon75
Anyone know a good agent? Scary to invest a load of money on someone you don't know from Adam!!

Hi, we used Ian Harrop Associates, fees were roughly £1500 paid in installments but very helpful and we now have our visa granted 20 June 2012 must be in oz by 24 may 2013. If you would like contact details let me know.

Guest matt n mel

Hi there

There are loads of good agents, and you will probably find a thread or two about this subject.

We used TEG (the emigration group) who were great, although not cheap. From what I can gather there is some kind of ombudsman for agents and they should be registered migrant agents (RMA), for you to consider them. You can prob shop around and get some free advice before signing up with one. (I'm not an expert, just recently been through the migration process)G

Good luck in your quest!

Hello and welcome :)

No clue about the medical aspect but lebour has suggested a good agent and I think it would be a wise move to contact them in the first instance. You may also need to be be prepared to take on an agent to help your case if its felt you are able to make a good application. I'd not chance it going it alone.

Guest sherbear320

Thanks guys I will have to get in touch with some agents will try the one you recommended first :)

It frustrates me that in this day and age we still have to fight discrimination for those with a disability. OH has played basketball internationally, he's never been unemployed and as a purchasing manager in engineering/manufacturing has a skill they need but we just may not get in because he happens to use a wheelchair!!

Edited by sherbear320