Beware of dodgy swimming pool companies

carla&trev

Bob - do your mate a favour and tell him to try and get out of his contract!

Nick11 - we have taken heaps of pics and have submitted some to OCBA. Could approach The Advertiser, that's a good idea.

Fancy A Beer - This company offers NO customer service at all. All they have given us is racist comments and told we are 'making problems'!!! You would think the Manager would be bending over backwards to put this right but he's not - he doesn't care. He said that it is my husband's prerogative to commence legal action but they will 'defend vigorously'!! The pics we have they don't really have a position to defend really, so we'll see what happens!

Carla

Guest Nick11

Nick11 - we have taken heaps of pics and have submitted some to OCBA. Could approach The Advertiser, that's a good idea.

Fancy A Beer - This company offers NO customer service at all. All they have given us is racist comments and told we are 'making problems'!!! You would think the Manager would be bending over backwards to put this right but he's not - he doesn't care. He said that it is my husband's prerogative to commence legal action but they will 'defend vigorously'!! The pics we have they don't really have a position to defend really, so we'll see what happens!

Carla

When you approach the advertiser try and reinforce the racists comments. Always makes for a good story. However I've just realised that company advertises a lot in that paper - so be prepared.:arghh:

Guest Fancy a Beer

Carla

I think alot of the AUssie have this "Dont give a S$%t" attitude the things we have heard and seen amazes me, as I said before how these people are allowed to remain in business is beyond me!!

Good Luck!!

Guest Nick11

Such a shame you can't name and shame em!!!

As I bet a lot of people on here will sign up with them. I know we nearly did.

People need to be warned.

Guest salisbury massive

We've just signed up for a ten metre pool with them after the Pool and Spa Show the other week. will be interesting to see if we have the same experience.

Guest jen&ian

Sorry to crash this thread on a totally unrelated point, but are you the same Carla who is on the governing council at Seaford K-7?

jen:cute:

• 1 year later...

Hi, just found this thread searching for pool ideas and companies.

it's over a year now since this post was started , so was wondering if it all got sorted out!!!

We are buying a place down in Seaford and we are interested in a having pool installed.

If anyone can PM with who is good and who is not!!!!! wink wink.

thanks Neil

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Evans'

Sorry Carla, You must be fed up of this by now but please can you PM me the name of the company too as we are just going through the whole quote business for a pool and I have no idea who to go with and how to know if they are any good.

Thanks

Kirsti

Guest guest569

I recomended Freedom Pools to carla and Trev, They had some issues which were resolved . I had no issues with Freedom Pools and my pool is fine. I would recomend them again!!;)

Hi guys

I have replied to you all - sorry it's taken me so long to reply but I've been soooo busy! With reference to Bob(Passionate Pom)'s comment, I think that the difference in opinion comes from when some are happy to let things go, which we aren't! Let's just say, this company is incapable of fitting your pool level! Another of our friend's pool installed by them has had a crack appear due to their shoddy installation, but please make your own minds up. The only reason I started this thread is because I cannot bear injustice and shoddy workmanship and wanted to make sure no-one else suffered as we did. I speak how it is and I'm not into leading people up the garden path. Bob is correct when he says the issues were resolved but we had to threaten to take them to court and involve OCBA and Swimming Pool & Spas South Australia governing body and it still took over 2 months for these issues to be resolved. We now have spots in the pool where the coating is peeling away and we now have to tackle that issue with them again and it fills me with dread.

As I say, please make your own minds up. I know I would rather go with a company that I had not heard any bad comments about than one that I had.

Hope that helps you all!

Carla & Trev

We have just gone with a quote from Australian Outdoor Living (who use Barrier Reef Pools). They do everything from digging, installation, to the finished product and the price was reasonable. They seem to have a good reputation. We've recently moved into a new build at the Seaford Rise Coast estate, so hopefully we'll have the pool in for summer!

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks to everyone's kind words of support and advice. We will certainly be reporting them to SPASA and OCBA and also approaching the media.

I have received another letter today containing a racist comment about being British! Such a nice company - NOT!

Cheers guys and hopefully by passing on the word it will stop them doing this to anyone else!

Carla

Dear Carla,

OK I'm curious. We are just finalising our decision about installing a pool or moving. Who do I need to avoid? I've looked at so many catalogues and talked to so many people. I'm so sorry for what's happened!

Liz

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest Barney Rubble

I think they're in damage control, assume your not allowed to 'name and shame' them so PM me please.

We had a pool put in 10 years ago by Freedom and never had a problem but have a mate who went through the same process a few years ago.

Once i know what he did to get his rectified i'll pass on the info.

Just seen how old the thread is:err: but i really hope it all turns/turned out well

Cheers

BR