Rich & Chit

School records needed?

Hi all

We will be arriving end of August and we have 2 children of school age, 5 and 10. Do we have to bring any school record/s fr UK as a requirement to enter Aust primary school? Any comment will be appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Trakki

The schools don't need anything for getting your children in, the school just put them into the year group for their age. I did bring their most recent school reports with me and although not asked for them did give a copy to their teachers. The teachers said that this was really helpful, especially as they were starting half way through the year.

HTH

Guest Lisado

We are taking our kids' records over as I thought the teachers thee would want to know what their competencies are. So their school has aksed us to send in a letter and they can release them to us (must do that asap!!)

Guest Trakki

Competences here are very different to England and I just asked for a very comprehensive report which the school was more than happy with. They didn't ask for anything and started them off in the year group for their age with the understanding thatthey would be assessed and moved appropriately. Don't know if it is different for private schools as mine are in public. I thought thatthe more infor I gavethe teachers the better but mine are in a great school and they have been placed appropriately and have settled really well and are both doing much better than in the UK.