Guest rockpool crab

Broadband in Hallet Cove

Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

Is the broadband in Hallet Cove ok for X Box Live? is it just certain areas of HC. I appreciate that you can get broadband but just wondering if the speed is good enough for online gaming etc.

Cheers

Carol Ann

Guest rockpool crab

Thanks for that. Can I be cheeky enough to ask who your ISP is with? and do you have a router at your home..or is it all completely wireless? I've heard that some services only provide a wireless connection with no option to use an ethernet cable if you wanted something a bit quicker.

Cheers

Carol Ann

Not sure about the gaming side of things.....

But i do remember Hallett Cove being very hit and miss on broadband availability......but of course that could have changed from when i lived there...

I think it is worth checking where ever you intend to buy or rent that broadband is available to that property.....it used to be as silly as being available in one street and not in another....

Guest Snape Family

Hi

I can't comment about, X box, but we have just spent 4 days trying to get wireless broadband at our house in Hallet Cove. We managed it eventually but managed to cause the main laptop to go to 'working offline' permanently and can't change it back again and can only get the secondary laptop to work.

Oh well at least I can get on PIA again.

Tracey

Hi there,

Is the broadband in Hallet Cove ok for X Box Live? is it just certain areas of HC. I appreciate that you can get broadband but just wondering if the speed is good enough for online gaming etc.

Cheers

Carol Ann

We have a router in our house, connected to the line....

We did used to use '3' Wireless Broadband in the Oaklands and found gaming ok as long as you were doin nothing else at the same time.

However with Hallett Cove being so hilly im not sure if a good signal would be got.

Dan

Guest Snape Family

At last!

We have got the first laptop up and running as well, don't know what we did differently.

Tracey